Paul Dummett

Guest palnese

The possitive metric for Wood is that he clearly helped Howe implament a winning style of play though - even if you could argue that any big forward would be just as good. He was a shit signing by many measures but there's no way it can be considered a disaster. Without him we might still be in a relegation scrap.

Edited by Hanshithispantz

Just now, Hanshithispantz said:

I would say this is canny OTT like :lol:

Really? He will hold up a valuable squad place and he is dreadful :dontknow:

Anyway, I’ll leave it there because I’m hogging the thread a bit and there’s only so many ways I can phrase the same opinion :lol: 

Just now, Fantail Breeze said:

Really? He will hold up a valuable squad place and he is dreadful :dontknow:

Anyway, I’ll leave it there because I’m hogging the thread a bit and there’s only so many ways I can phrase the same opinion :lol: 

I really don't think he's dreadful like, he's always been solid defensively, just can't do anything else, which is fine as a third choice.

Also, it's worth keeping him for the slide tackles alone tbh :lol:

He's a solid defender who can cover multiple positions but, perhaps most importantly, is someone who knows the club, tries 100% even in training, and is popular among the squad. Howe seems to understand the importance of a club's culture & identity; I wouldn't be surprised to see him keep some unfashionable players around the place over the next few years who serve a utility purpose.

The big caveat is his fitness, of course, but he's likely not going to be playing much anyway, as has already been said.

1 minute ago, Gallowgate Toon said:

He's a solid defender who can cover multiple positions but, perhaps most importantly, is someone who knows the club, tries 100% even in training, and is popular among the squad. Howe seems to understand the importance of a club's culture & identity; I wouldn't be surprised to see him keep some unfashionable players around the place over the next few years who serve a utility purpose.

The big caveat is his fitness, of course, but he's likely not going to be playing much anyway, as has already been said.

Plus if he's homegrown it helps registration even if he rarely plays. You don't want a whole team of those mind.

Guest HTT II
43 minutes ago, Hanshithispantz said:

He'll only have to play 1 game a season, man. He's there to pack out the squad.

Honestly it just looks completely stupid when a bunch of laymen start going overboard about the decisions of managers who clearly know what they're doing. If it was Bruce I'd get it, but Howe's shown he understands his squad now 

So you hand a vital squad place to a shit player who misses 99% of the season through injury? Howay man, it’s inexcusable to do so and an absolutely terrible decision. If this come under Ashley and Bruce people would be in uproar.

Guest HTT II
4 minutes ago, Ben said:

Totally sensible decision to keep him Rafa liked him and so does Howe  he's a solid back up.

Solid injury guaranteed. Again, howay man, he misses most of the season because of injuries. I’d rather see him leave on a free, whoever sanctioned this wants serious questions asked.

Shit: Tick

Injured all the time: Tick

Old: Tick

Shit: Tick

Old: Tick

Fucking nonsense decision!

I could understand people whining on if he'd signed for a few years or was guaranteed to keep someone decent out of the squad, but it's a year. He gets shipped at the end of the season when we've built up a bit of squad depth.

Guest HTT II
Just now, Ben said:

Rafa: tick

Howe: tick

HTT ll: ???

He’s shit man and is never fit! Just let him leave on a free FFS!

Meh, he'll be a squad player and if we can upgrade on him in the summer then we can sell him for a small fee or leave him out of the squad

We can afford to do that now

Laughable decision assuming we sign Targett and have Burn and/or Manquillo as cover next season. All it does is take one space off the 25 man squad for no reason as he's always injured anyway.

Edited by Beth