Paul Dummett

Guest palnese

27 minutes ago, cubaricho said:

Thank god none of the people actually involved with the club are throwing in the towel like some people on here. 

Scratch defense against a very beatable team ffs. Have a word. 

Some one in the match thread claimed beating spurs wasn't an almost impossible physical task 😂 people have completely lost the plot with this fatigue craic.

11 hours ago, cubaricho said:

Thank god none of the people actually involved with the club are throwing in the towel like some people on here. 

Scratch defense against a very beatable team ffs. Have a word. 

As were Bournemouth and Everton. The Milan game is far more important than Spurs.

15 hours ago, Beth said:

As were Bournemouth and Everton. The Milan game is far more important than Spurs.

At the end of the season, the Spurs game may prove more critical than whatever happens against Milan, and beyond. ‘Six pointer’ is a trite expression, but they are a main rival for top four (along with Villa).
We’re not winning the CL, the odds would also, unfortunately, be massively against us winning the Europa League. If we can stay in touch through December we’ve got a much better chance of retaining a CL qualification place next season (MU are struggling and Brighton won’t last the course). Beginning to think that CL again is the most important objective for our future plans (I’d still rather have a domestic cup win though). 

• 1 month later...
On 19/01/2024 at 13:55, Pilko said:

He's due a testimonial.

Heard Juve wanted him on loan, we have rejected unless it's an offer we can't refuse

• 2 weeks later...

Can it be right that he's made 209 appearances for us? That's 19 appearances on average every season since he had his debut in 2013. :lol: Feels like there was two seasons he played regularly at LB, but other than that it feels like he's never gotten much further than being a permanently unused sub.

4 minutes ago, Conjo said:

Can it be right that he's made 209 appearances for us? That's 19 appearances on average every season since he had his debut in 2013. :lol: Feels like there was two seasons he played regularly at LB, but other than that it feels like he's never gotten much further than being a permanently unused sub.

About a quarter of those apps would have been in the Championship season I'm guessing. Didn't seem to miss any games at all. 

Quick check and aye, 46 of the 209 appearances were during the 16/17 Championship season. 165 appearances in almost 10 seasons as a Premier League player. Bit mad that.

Edited by Optimistic Nut

• 4 weeks later...

Probably right he goes off and hopefully plays somewhere, he'll be a decent pickup for a Championship club.

Wonder if we'll make one of the home friendly games this summer the Paully D testimonial? Get Haidara and Santon back for the day and rotate them off and on every five minutes.

End of an era. We'll always have those towering EFL Cup performances that saw off the Manchesters, my sweet.

Best of luck to him, though. I expect he'll land in the Championship and hope he gets a good injury-free end to his career.

Seems so long since he was a regular part of the team now I barely even remember he’s still at the club. Quite an odd career. Still not really sure if he was a CB or LB. Allergic to passing the hw line, it was quite incredible really. One of the most limited footballers I’ve ever seen but he made it work and carved out a PL career so good luck to him. 

Edited by Joelinton7