Paul Dummett

Guest palnese

1 minute ago, Optimistic Nut said:

Probably end up at someone like WBA, Boro, Birmingham, etc. 

“Hello, is that Paul Dummett? Hi Paul it’s your old gaffer Steve Bruce well you know. How do you fancy coming and playing for me at Stenhousemuir’s over 55’s. I’ve got the old band back together, all the Steve’s, what do you say?” “Hello, Paul, are you still there, well you know”. 

47 minutes ago, Joelinton7 said:

Seems so long since he was a regular part of the team now I barely even remember he’s still at the club. Quite an odd career. Still not really sure if he was a CB or LB. Allergic to passing the hw line, it was quite incredible really. One of the most limited footballers I’ve ever seen but he made it work and carved out a PL career so good luck to him. 

He just loves defending. It's a shame the likes of Gary Megson etc aren't on the managerial circuit in the Championship from his point of view, the sort of managers who go 1-0 up and then fine anyone who goes over the halfway line. Ask him to get his head on it, tackle, clear, soak it up, build a trench etc. and he will, but that's his absolute limit.

Dummett is probably the most extreme example I’ve seen in football of someone who is completely lacking in football ability and technique yet actually a very good defender if you’re only marking him on his ability to curtail attacks and position himself effectively. Shame about his injuries but he had the best career he was ever going to have given his ability on the ball 

• 1 month later...