Paul Dummett

Guest palnese

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, joeyt said:

I'm not crying you're crying

Happy for him.

Most would say that Paul Dummett has not been good enough to represent Newcastle for a long time (if ever) - from a quality and technique standpoint. I'd 100% agree.

But I would say that it is always nice to hear someone living out their dreams (especially at their boyhood club, ala him, longstaff, burn). That smile on his debut is the realisation of his dreams coming true.

I'll never begrudge anyone of following and realising their dream. Its hard to criticise him (short match day rants aside) and look back negatively on his time here. 

Clearly out of their depth, but often giving it his all. Never disputed his commitment.

When all is said, we should not really blame him for the standard being so poor under Ashley, for so long.

Edited by BlazeT44

I think back to the u18s squad he came from and from that backline I'm legit surprised he was the one that made it. There were easily more composed and what I thought were more intelligent defenders than him (L Storey, J Taylor, J Henderson). Even the year afterwards Alex Nicholson was better as an attacking fullback. But they were all right footed. A classic case of right place, right time and taking the opportunity. He made the most of it and must be a dream come true. 

Posted (edited)

Just remembered that game against Southampton at home when Hendrick got sent off and Schar injured after we used all subs and were clinging onto a 3-2 lead with 9 men for about 40 mins second half - Dummett was an absolute warrior that day. Just headed and tackled and cleared every single thing in the pissing rain against constant all-out attack.

That was usually his best form actually, whenever we were massively under the gun clinging onto a lead and he had to do nothing progressive or involving passing the ball, just being a human wall and getting in the way of it. When we were trying to control a game or have some impetus he was the last bloke you'd want on.

Edited by Pilko

Wish him well. Not the best, not the worst and before lack of match practice had him making silly errors he was fairly consistent when he was a first team player. Hope he finds another club soon.