Paul Dummett: Released (official)

Guest palnese

I really don't think it's a coincidence that both Wijnaldrum and Perez have totally disappeared when they've been asked to play in front of him on that left hand side. It forces the team to basically attack only down the right, or long ball to Mitrovic.

He's a good back up but we need a LB who's comfortable on the ball in the summer.

Neither are LM's though.

I don't understand how anyone can think Colback can play left back after being totally out of his depth when moved there last match. He tried to dribble the ball with his belly while he crawled along like a baby. Jesus christ :lol: Anita has to be ahead of him just on the fact he has filled in at RB before and didn't attempt that baby crawl AFAIK :lol:

We need a new LB, period. Wouldn't mind Enrique back tbh.

Out of his depth? Come on, don't be ridiculous. Wherever Colback plays he will be average, boring and safe.

We are not going to get a new left back, certainly not until the summer. Though Dummett needs to improve an awful lot to be considered good enough.

Lots of harshness on here towards Dummett. No he's not ideal and should be a back up centre half BUT he gets little to no support defensivly and rarely has an option wide or in front of him to pass to, hence the opposition allow us to funnel the ball to him. rarely at fault for goals the way Janmaat has been and doesn't seem to give wide players free reign.

Agree 100%. A LB who isn't consistently at fault for goals is something we've actually not had for years. If he was good going forward with the ball too he'd not be a Newcastle player. He's the type of lad who knows he lacks talent but just wants to be on the winning side and is prepared to put himself on the line to make that happen. He obviously loves NUFC but isn't mawkish about it like that thick permacrock twat Taylor. The posters who have it in for him didn't make a peep when the LB we spent money (peanuts) on was giving away goals for fun.

He follows the ball like a u12 schoolboy rather than actually mark his man. He's always out of position when the ball goes out wide. And he runs like he's late 30's

What have you been smoking.

:lol:

That 'fastest player' stat is a load of shite. It's always the players caught out of position who sprint back, like defenders or keepers who've gone up for a corner.

Ball-with-feet fastest player is the important one.

I would like to see a LB brought in to replace him and to move Dummett to cb, I think Pardew said in an interview that this was his plan ultimately? My whole desire to see this happen is based on the win streak we went on at the start of last season.

Aye, would like to see Mbemba and Dummett at the CB pair before this season is out. Need to start planning for Colo's retirement.

I would like to see a LB brought in to replace him and to move Dummett to cb, I think Pardew said in an interview that this was his plan ultimately? My whole desire to see this happen is based on the win streak we went on at the start of last season.

Aye, would like to see Mbemba and Dummett at the CB pair before this season is out. Need to start planning for Colo's retirement.

:thup:

It would very handy to have someone dangerous from LB like we have in Janmaat on the right.

A little amazed Coloccini is still here at 34 (in a few days).

Been ok since the entire team went through that shocking spell (Leicester, Palace etc). Watford could be interesting as I can see them pushing Deeney further up alongside Ighalo whereas recently we've played teams more suited to playing 1 up and supporting from the middle a bit more, which seems to suit our Colo.

Really like Dummett. Reckon he could be at the club for his whole career too.

Defensively I think he's very good. With the ball at his feet he's not great but give me a defender who can defend over a soft arse who can't defend or read the game but who has good ball control.

He's not a natural left back but he's also not a bad left back.