Newcastle Utd 0 - 0 West Ham Utd - 24/08/13 - post-match reaction from page 41

Neil

Guest Phil K

I just can't think of a single thing we have improved over last season, just insipid dull crap as before

We all know what is the major cause for that, too

Everyone but Ashley it seems

Radio newcastle saying its s***?

Not literally though, surely ?

Hatem s*** but he's been active and involved, Sissoko has been quiet, Cisse invisible, Anita our best player, Debuchy sucks, the other three at the back okay and that leaves Shola is who an abomination.

Debuchys been fine bar a weak foul near end of half.

I don't think it has been as bad as people are saying. West Ham have been a tough opponent, we've moved the ball around well (apart from Shola), and I think there is potential in the sissoko and anita partnership. Can see Barfa settling this for us.

It really hasn't been that bad. At least we're showing some signs of progress.

Been a decent performance so far, played some good stuff in possession but as always lacking that final ball, and are being limited to long shots.

That would render possession a waste of time then.

9 attempts, none on target.

57% possession but haven't looked at all threatening. Shola is just so bad - was hoping his physical presence would help Cisse but so far nothing of the sort.

HBA's a little overeager, isn't he? Not that there's a lot of great other options at the moment.

A lot would argue this (without Cabaye) is our most productive midfield. Guess what, it produces fuck all.

45 minutes is not enough time to decide this will never work, give it some time man.

And what's with all the negative comments when Ben Arfa has a speculative shot from distance? We're not currently threatening the gola any other way, so he might as well blast a couple. When he scores one of them everyone will be wanking off.

Guest alijmitchell

There's been very little play off the forwards around the pelanty box, Gouffran would work well in there.

To be fair that wasn't half as crap as i expected.

Anita and Sissoko are better than Tiote and Cabaye. Shola wants put down.

Sissoko hasn't been able to utilise his strengths at all, at this point I'd be tempted to leave him upfront instead of Shola. Cabaye being in this midfield would have been nice.

I strongly think the following two actions can result in a goal for us:

1) Shola off for Gouffran

2) A few of the players having a word with HBA to look around him for a pass instead of shots from 40 yards out.

Happy to report that the penny's starting to drop at St James'. Everywhere I'm hearing talk of how static our team play is and how we're just passing to Ben Arfa and waiting for 'magic'.

well even for his backers- theres no more excuses- its time to do, or fuck off im afraid.