Newcastle United 1 - 0 Fulham - 31/08/13 - post-match reaction from page 34

Beren

Not read this thread, just got back, last 20 mins we were a threat, good goal and those who booing Cabaye please f*** off and support another club. Some of the impatient, know nowt, mummerings going on before he came on were poor, the booing of a player we need to keep was simply pathetic.

Well done, hope you cheer on his replacement however bad he may be.

Give over. The guy's been disrespecting the club and being a complete prick about it. I paid £30 today to watch 70 minutes of crap until the good stuff started and he gets paid tens of thousands a week and he refuses to play?

Deserves the boos and deserves praise if he starts putting in a decent shift.

Gotta see the bigger picture and try and put up with his petulance if it means we keep him and he performs. We were so much better with him and Remy on.

Just got back, thought we played ok if unadventurous in the first half with Shola on the system seemed a very rigid style of play.  Second half we did better but the subs made the real difference, the attack looked much more dynamic and fluid then.

I was surprised when Anita went off as i thought he was having a good game, but Cabaye worked hard and played some good balls, Remy was the real surprise for me i didn't realise how tall he was and thought he did well both in the air and on the ground, he really turned the game for me along with Gouffran.

Marv was disappointing for me, he looked lazy IMO.

Overall the second half should give us hope although we still need a striker, someone powerful who can compete in the air. 

Corners improved for me too.

Is it just me thought Sissoko was poor?  Seemed to do nothing but lose the ball.

I thought he was sometimes sloppy in possession but had a good game overall. Would look even better in a midfield three, with more license to make those surging forward runs.

Is it just me thought Sissoko was poor?  Seemed to do nothing but lose the ball.

I thought he was sometimes sloppy in possession but had a good game overall. Would look even better in a midfield three, with more license to make those surging forward runs.

He rarely wasted a ball as far as I can remember, don't recall him ever being tackled or losing it badly on the dribble either :dontknow:

Definitely has been an issue with him throughout his brief time here, but not today.

Also, for all the talk about how we require an orthodox winger, I think part of the reason for our improvement in movement/passing today was the willingness of Marveaux and HBA to drift inside and change positions. We looked a lot more fluid as a result.

Also, for all the talk about how we require an orthodox winger, I think part of the reason for our improvement in movement/passing today was the willingness of Marveaux and HBA to drift inside and change positions. We looked a lot more fluid as a result.

:thup:

Honestly lack of movement, link up and willingness from the strikers to stretch defences and link up with the midfield are bigger problems.

Gouffran and Remy solved these problems in the last half hour.

If we are going to play like we did today i'd rather not have a orthodox winger and target man tbh. We have played in a way in the last two games which doesn't suit either one.

Guest neesy111

Scott Parker was playing today? :lol:

He got booked and did his usual 360 stuff, otherwise typical S. Parker performance.  Non-existent.

Guest neesy111

Scott Parker was playing today? :lol:

The only reason i realised he was playing was because Gary Birtles kept saying how much we could do with someone like him.....

This was doing my fucking body in, literally.  Haven't hated a player as much as Parker during 06/07.

you're not alone, he was poor

Aaaand the strange phenomenon of two people looking at the same thing and having two entirely different opinions rears its head once again. As is with football fans though, it's usually 1 or 2 against a plethora of people who think otherwise.

Sissoko and Anita were the reason we constantly kept the ball, and Sissoko's forward runs and confidence gave us something extra. Had a great game, as did Anita.

you're not alone, he was poor

Aaaand the strange phenomenon of two people looking at the same thing and having two entirely different opinions rears its head once again. As is with football fans though, it's usually 1 or 2 against a plethora of people who think otherwise.

Sissoko and Anita were the reason we constantly kept the ball, and Sissoko's forward runs and confidence gave us something extra. Had a great game, as did Anita.

Without rewatching the game I can't cite them, but I feel like there were a few occasions Sissoko, under no real pressure, made a 5 yard pass directly to the feet of a stationary Fulham player. That said he wasn't abhorrent.

Anita was tidy.

Hope he has the balls to play gouffran benny cisse and remy again together

Like this?

Remy    Cisse

Gouffran                              Ben Arfa

Sissoko    Cabaye

Could be groovy.