Newcastle United 1 - 0 Fulham - 31/08/13 - post-match reaction from page 34

Beren

Scott Parker was playing today? :lol:

The only reason i realised he was playing was because Gary Birtles kept saying how much we could do with someone like him.....

This was doing my f***ing body in, literally.  Haven't hated a player as much as Parker during 06/07.

I quite liked Parker, but even if you didn't, surely the likes of Smith, Owen, Butt, Duff are miles ahead of Parker in the hateometer?

Parker was a very good player for us.

The only reason i realised he was playing was because Gary Birtles kept saying how much we could do with someone like him.....

This was doing my f***ing body in, literally.  Haven't hated a player as much as Parker during 06/07.

I quite liked Parker, but even if you didn't, surely the likes of Smith, Owen, Butt, Duff are miles ahead of Parker in the hateometer?

Yep, very under-rated by our fans. The same fans who rated Emre.

What was our formation after the subs yesterday?

Krul

Debuchy    MYM            Colo          Santon

Ben Arfa    Sissoko        Cabaye      Gouffran

Cisse          Remy

Parker was great in his first season with us and then second season Roeder decided to switch him and Emre the wrong way round and he struggled despite chipping in with the odd few goals. Fell out with fans apparently too. Use him correctly though like we did first season and like spurs did a few years ago and he was good.

Guest neesy111

He really wasn't.

Krul

Cisse          Remy

:thup:

Shame to waste Gouffran as a winger in a 4-4-2 like, but he's probably the best we've got for that position at the moment.

Krul

Cisse          Remy

Shame to waste Gouffran as a winger in a 4-4-2 like, but he's probably the best we've got for that position at the moment.

Was playing more in front though, didn't have to do much defensively when he came on.

Krul

Cisse          Remy

It was very fluid. Often he was further forward than Remy.

That last 20 minutes or so. :aww:

http://www.vivaelfulham.co.uk/articles/talking-tactics-newcastle-1-fulham-0-7-289.html

From a Fulham site, excellent tactical breakdown obviously mostly from their perspective. But the writer comes to the same conclusions we did. Their heat map is shocking. Worth a read and on that evidence Jol is not long for Craven Cottage.

Canny read. :thup:

Loved this bit :-

"A note on the goal first. Sometimes in football, there are moments when you just have to stand up and applaud. David Luiz's golazo last season against us, that 40 yard thunderbolt, was one of those moments. And Hatem Ben Arfa's stunner today was also fantastic. There was  nothing that can be done against a run and shot like that; look again, below. Riise does the right thing and gets Kacaniklic over to double up on the man, meaning that if he goes inside or outside, somebody will be pressing. However, despite some close pressing from the Swede, Ben Arfa pulls of the most ridiculous of shots from that angle- he's running away from goal! It is a goal that is undefendable." 

Had the pleasure of watching this next to Shola's #1 fan. He took quite a bit of stick from the regulars around him and managed to come out with the single most ridiculous sentence I've ever heard, ready:

"When has Shola ever let the club down?"

Had the pleasure of watching this next to Shola's #1 fan. He took quite a bit of stick from the regulars around him and managed to come out with the single most ridiculous sentence I've ever heard, ready:

http://img.pandawhale.com/75221-Mass-Effect-head-turn-around-g-zX9l.gif

SAY WHAT?!!

:lol: was their a group of people laughing?

Doesn't mean much but BBC's team of the day:

1. David Stockdale (Fulham). Despite conceding to Hatem Ben Arfa, Stockdale made eight saves today - double the amount of any other goalkeeper.

2.Mathieu Debuchy (Newcastle United) won three tackles, kept a clean sheet and also fired in two shots on target.

3. Matija Nastasic (Manchester City) kept a clean sheet, won the ball with every tackle he attempted as well as making 11 clearances.

4. Daniel Gabbidon (Crystal Palace) made 19 clearances and three blocks, both were league-highs today, as well as finding the back of the net.

5. Leighton Baines (Everton) was the only player today to make over 100 touches of the ball (105).

6. Hatem Ben Arfa (Newcastle United) set up three chances for teammates as well as scoring the game's only goal.

7. Yaya Toure (Manchester City) scored his second direct free kick of the campaign; he had never scored one in the PL before this season.

8. Leroy Fer (Norwich City). The Norwich midfielder attempted (eight) and won (seven) the most tackles today.

9. Nathan Redmond (Norwich City) scored the winning goal and also created two chances for teammates, both from open play.

10. Papiss Demba Cisse (Newcastle United) had more shots than any other player in the Premier League today (five).

11. Alvaro Negredo (Manchester City) has scored seven headed goals since the start of last season, only Stefan Kiessling (nine) has scored more in Europe's top leagues.

Guest bimpy474

Just thinking today how it's impossible to really be sure how well we actually played. I mean, it looked like we played well, but maybe Fulham were just very very very bad.

I would think the Man City fans are probably saying the same, How good were they against us, or just how bad were we. They've hardly played to well in the two games since.

Guest bimpy474

We were bang average until Gouffran and Remy came on. Then we looked decent. I was impressed by our insistence to build attacks from the back throughout the game.

I liked the Anita picking the ball up from Krul stuff, that was encouraging.

We were bang average until Gouffran and Remy came on. Then we looked decent. I was impressed by our insistence to build attacks from the back throughout the game.

Nail on head.

Might as well hoy some marks up n all.

Krul - 7 - made one decent stop at the end, distribution was better

Debuchy - 7 - got better as game went on I thought

Yanga-Mbiwa - 7 - as easy an afternoon he'll have all season

Coloccini - 7 - standard performance

Santon - 7 - got forward well but still needs to work on the left foot crossing

Anita - 7 - tidy

Sissoko - 7 - superb at the end, bit sloppy at times before

Marveaux - 5.5 - kept the ball well but needs to do more than that

HBA - 8.5 - always looked to be the one that was going to win it, golazo

Cisse - 5 - pretty poor throughout

Shola - 5 - standard performance

Remy, Gouffran - 8 - great cameos

Cabaye - 7 - took over well from Vurn, standard absymal tackle for his booking too