Thoughts on this summer's transfer window

Jack Flash
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Same thing every summer. Folks raging the day after the window closes.

Those who were optimistic versus those who were pessimistic.

I remember the days I used to be an optimist  :( Ian W had nothing on me.

Now I'm a broken man, with a simmering rage bubbling under the surface.

Guest icemanblue

:lol:

Inochi has jumped the shark, but it's understandable in a way. There are a number of proper passive-aggressive posters on the other side though... naming no names Dave and Jack Flash.

:lol: I'm still not having the shark jumping business. I am consitent in my cuntishness. People take this place far, far too seriously.

I won't be backtracking and acting as if I never thought we'd get someone in. Up until yesterday, I was still relatively confident we would. The fact we haven't is inexcusable, and I won't be saying any different.

I remember the days I used to be an optimist  :( Ian W had nothing on me.

Now I'm a broken man, with a simmering rage bubbling under the surface.

Oh no, a glimpse into my future. TBF I have become more open to the negative points of view... I just still think we have enough on the pitch to do OK.

Inochi has jumped the shark, but it's understandable in a way. There are a number of proper passive-aggressive posters on the other side though... naming no names Dave and Jack Flash.

:lol: I'm still not having the shark jumping business. I am consitent in my cuntishness. People take this place far, far too seriously.

I won't be backtracking and acting as if I never thought we'd get someone in. Up until yesterday, I was still relatively confident we would. The fact we haven't is inexcusable, and I won't be saying any different.

Just joshing, you know I love you. I think it has got more acute over the last few weeks though, maybe you've just decided to stop holding back.

Guest bimpy474

What's this jump the shark term then ?

Its from Happy Days Bimps, basically in one episode Fonz jumps over a shark on waterskis as part of a bet with some guy at the beach. Was seen as being the moment when the programme had gone too far and began to slide downhill. Ironically it ran for years after that.

Cheers mate, just reading the wiki bit that Ian.W posted.

Guest icemanblue

Just joshing, you know I love you. I think it has got more acute over the last few weeks though, maybe you've just decided to stop holding back.

That's probably down to me posting more during a quiet spell at work, to be honest. Probably lucky I'm not a prolific poster, really. It's just too hard to resist a lot of the time. :lol:

What's this jump the shark term then ?

Its from Happy Days Bimps, basically in one episode Fonz jumps over a shark on waterskis as part of a bet with some guy at the beach. Was seen as being the moment when the programme had gone too far and began to slide downhill. Ironically it ran for years after that.

Cheers mate, just reading the wiki bit that Ian.W posted.

http://thisevilempire.com/blog/wp-content/uploads/2012/06/fonziejumpsshark3sl.gif

I haven't seen anyone doing this. We've had a s*** window, please complain about it. It's just the pre-complaining about things that haven't happened, and the martyrs reveling in assuming the worst of everything, that's annoying.

The thing is it's so blatantly obvious what was happening as we've seen it before, so it's not a far stretch for people to assume it's happening again. 

I haven't seen anyone doing this. We've had a s*** window, please complain about it. It's just the pre-complaining about things that haven't happened, and the martyrs reveling in assuming the worst of everything, that's annoying.

The thing is it's so blatantly obvious what was happening as we've seen it before, so it's not a far stretch for people to assume it's happening again.

:thup:

I guess so, easier to say now. Then again, we have made some good signings as well.

I guess so, easier to say now. Then again, we have made some good signings as well.

We don't know if Kemen will be any good yet!

Definitely made some decent signings over the past few years, but not because we wanted to push on but because they were a must. Can see the same thing happening come January if we're unlucky with injuries again.

Such a s*** state.

We don't know if Kemen will be any good yet!

:pow:

The transfer window is an ongoing thing and it was clear as fuck that we were going about things the wrong way long before it closed, so I reckon folk were reet to be a bit annoyed like :lol:

At one stage Kinnear made a coherent interview and everything seemed like it might have been cush, a week later and we were back to our old tricks again and clearly unwilling to pay the price needed to bring in our number 1 target with nobody else in the pipeline in case it falls through.

I think the problem this summer is that we haven't been able to move players out. When JFK came in, he made a big song and dance about moving out players who aren't good enough.

Yet Gosling, Shola, Obertan and Williamson are still here and probably take over 5m a year in wages. For a tight bastard like Ashley, he won't pay those lot to do nothing.

Have to wonder what our better players make of it. I'm sure they came here thinking we would be challenging for Europe at the very least. Wouldn't be surprised if many of them instructed their agents to get them out of this club for the sake of their career. I know I would.

Guest DebuchyAndTheBeast

At the moment I can say that I'm relieved and pretty happy we didn't lose any of our core players (Cabaye, Colo, Krul) but in a few months time maybe my opinion will change based on our league position or injuries. Also I'm pretty surprised at the number of loan deals: given the recent money deals you would've thought clubs have more cash to spend. But it seems that only the big boys can keep their assets without selling

Aye, at least we didn't sell anybody I suppose.

I had hoped for a minimum of a striker and a winger coming in and I wanted to see the end of Shola, Obertan and Gosling, so overall it's still deeply disappointing.