NUFC transfer rumours in the press

Rich
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

I still have a faint hope of maybe getting De Jong in on loan, but that doesn't fill me with much excitement anyway to be honest. Would at least mean Shola is one further down the pecking order

That would fill me with lots of excitement tbh :lol:

Even so i don't expect it to happen, we are where Ashley wants us..... in between competing and being save from relegation.

It looks to be another successful window for those in charge. No one has had to spend any of that money we don't have despite evidence to the contrary. The Team is nice and safe, doing well enough to secure the next round of season tickets. There's non of that impractical and financially unimportant cup nonsense to worry about and we can look forward to the teams best player being shifted for a tidy sum in the next window. The accounts team will be very happy. Might even improve morale by sticking a few of those spreadsheets in the trophy cabinet. Might distract from the unwashed making a cup final while our manager has guided us safely out of all cup competitions early to ensure the status quo of mid table premier league. 

Smashing.

It looks to be another successful window for those in charge. No one has had to spend any of that money we don't have despite evidence to the contrary. The Team is nice and safe, doing well enough to secure the next round of season tickets. There's non of that impractical and financially unimportant cup nonsense to worry about and we can look forward to the teams best player being shifted for a tidy sum in the next window. The accounts team will be very happy. Might even improve morale by sticking a few of those spreadsheets in the trophy cabinet. Might distract from the unwashed making a cup final while our manager has guided us safely out of all cup competitions early to ensure the status quo of mid table premier league. 

Smashing.

:thup:

Guest neesy111

On this day last year, we had Haidara, Gouffran and M'Biwa all holding up home shirts with their names on at the training ground.

And?

Think the only time we will strengthen is if we are near the CL spots in Jan or in danger of relegation. Be prepared to wait 2-3 transfer windows to upgrade on our weak areas otherwise. :lol:

On this day last year, we had Haidara, Gouffran and M'Biwa all holding up home shirts with their names on at the training ground.

And?

Deals can still happen. Was it ok for me to post that?

I think one in. Probably de Jong on loan with view to buy.

De Jong will only be signed if Cisse goes. I suppose there's a chance Cisse will decide a first team shirt is worth more than staying in Newcastle.

As long as Shola is still contracted to this club, Pardew will still play him.

It wasn't all that long ago people were saying the same about Jonas, don't lose all hope :lol:

Unless you believe the stuff about Jonas' contract. Then I could easily believe Pardew stopped playing him after being told from the guys upstairs not to.

Or, as I hope we do with Shola, we simply found an upgrade in Gouffran who does all the tracking back Jonas did but also adds goals.

Guest neesy111

And?

Deals can still happen. Was it ok for me to post that?

Theres a big difference in the circumstances of the 2 windows.  Those transfers were only brought forward after that reading game.

Guest reefatoon

Thought it was inevitable we would go back and get Gomis this window.

Totally agree, I thought it would have been nailed on.  Strange how it completely fell by the way side this window.

There will be no-one signed, but maybe's no-one sold unless PSG make a daft offer for Cabaye (and he decides to go) Then on Feb 1st, we'll get Pardew saying that it's been a good window because 'we've kept our better players'.

Then when the club accounts are due, it will be dressed up by the club akin to a cup win (assuming we are in profit again) Two transfer windows gone and no permanent signings. Just where is all of the money going?

There will be no-one signed, but maybe's no-one sold unless PSG make a daft offer for Cabaye (and he decides to go) Then on Feb 1st, we'll get Pardew saying that it's been a good window because 'we've kept our better players'.

Then when the club accounts are due, it will be dressed up by the club akin to a cup win (assuming we are in profit again) Two transfer windows gone and no permanent signings. Just where is all of the money going?

"Thanks Mike!"

The trouble is they are talking of a squad overhaul in the Summer and we can all easily identify 6-7 players who are likely to be moved on.  It would make so much more sense to bring in a couple now so they can be integrated in preparation for next season.

If they decide not to bother this window, then I do not expect to hear any excuses if we end up struggling next year because we have too many players who are are finding it difficult to adapt to a new league.  They only need to look down the road plus QPR and Palace to see the problems of bringing in too many players at the same time.