NUFC transfer rumours in the press

Rich
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

According to L'Equipe, both Everton and Newcastle are keeping a close eye on Benjamin Stambouli's situation at Montpellier.

Out of contract in 2015 so that matches up.

Says he is DM on transfermarkt.

This is why their mad President probably hates us.

I wouldn't be opposed to Colback as a squad player/Gosling replacement providing it saves funds that can be invested elsewhere in the squad. Yeah right.. :lol:

This is clearly what I meant, people read something and then interpret it like they want. SanToon is king at this. I don't see how replacing Gosling with Colback is a decrease in quality.

I wouldn't be opposed to Colback as a squad player/Gosling replacement providing it saves funds that can be invested elsewhere in the squad. Yeah right.. :lol:

This is clearly what I meant, people read something and then interpret it like they want. SanToon is king at this. I don't see how replacing Gosling with Colback is a decrease in quality.

As long as it is for Gosling and not Cabaye, fine.

I don't think me an Unbelievable are asking for him to replace Cabaye or us to splash cash on him. We're just saying he'd be a better player to have off the bench than Gosling. Then there's always the discussion that Abeid and Bigi should rather be given chances which I can agree with. But people make it out like we want to buy him for £10m.

:lol: that's total rubbish! I even said I prefer abeid/bigi.  I don't want him in any capacity. You said he was a decent player I completely disagreed. Throw into that he's an ex Mackem who shushed the crowd at SJP and I'll pass thanks.

I called him NOT a bad footballer tbf.

I'm with ST.  He's s***, he's a mackem and he's a c***.

I'd rather not have him, but if we got him instead of Gosling I wouldn't exactly be crying or thinking we were taking a step back. Gosling is a horrendous footballer by all accounts.

Really seems that if Pardew remains he will be supported with players more in the mould of what he has been droning on about.

Should make for an all around horrific season next year.

Seeing more and more stories about Colback  :anguish: over facebook etc, hes not a bad player but certainly not the level of player that will help us improve. He would be a decent squad addition, but thats about it.

Colback had a good game last night in centre mid. Tidy player, keeps the play moving on and can carry it forward. He doesn't have that killer pass in him but on a free I'd be happy with the signing. Perhaps biased as I went to school with him but he's a canny lad too, despite all the ginger insults you read from no marks on the Internet.

Colback had a good game last night in centre mid. Tidy player, keeps the play moving on and can carry it forward. He doesn't have that killer pass in him but on a free I'd be happy with the signing. Perhaps biased as I went to school with him but he's a canny lad too, despite all the ginger insults you read from no marks on the Internet.

Average English clogger

I'd rather we got a 22 year old Andy Cole back, aye?

How old is Beckford now?

What's the whole Cole/Beckford deal? Seen it a few times, no idea what's going on

Beckford is Cole's nephew.

Guest chopey

I sure Pardew spouted almost exactly the same rhetoric last year and we ended up renting a player that didn't want to come in the first place, go back to Lawnden Pardew your drunk

Careful now with that reasoned opinion.

Not the press as such but looks like a realistic target imo:

http://www.themag.co.uk/the-mag-wire/newcastle-interested-troy-deeney-move-summer/

25 years old, decent record in the Championship, might be decent in a Leon Best style role, but we would still need another 2 front line strikers imo.

Yup, didn't Shola have a similar ratio when we were in the championship?

Average English clogger

I was having this conversation with Ste last night. He isn't good enough for our first team but as a squad player he is, he is arguably better than anything we have on the bench, Ben Arfa and Bigi aside.