NUFC transfer rumours in the press

Rich
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

£6-8m is a fair price for a decent Championship striker almost out of contract?

You're clinically insane.

Ronaldo, would you say you are one of those people who disagree with anything anyone says?

Ronaldo, would you say you are one of those people who disagree with anything anyone says?

Are you expecting him to agree or disagree with your question? :lol:

If the club aren't (Which they probably aren't) going all out to sign a proven top quality centre forward then they can tinker around with all the young up and coming hopefuls & lower league gambles till the cows come home....we will be relegated.

Still, a couple of Leon Bests / Luque gambles will almost certainly be the order of the day come the end of August.

Exactly. 2.5 million tops I would say. Plus if we are interested I would imagine the contract situation is what's attractive to us.

Exactly. 2.5 million tops I would say. Plus if we are interested I would imagine the contract situation is what's attractive to us.

He's not nearly out of contract like, it literally states it in the article although reading (and names) aren't as easy as they used to be.

He was top scorer in the Championship last year, and is British, and so £6 to £8 million would be about what you'd expect to pay nowadays, yes. This is just reality, because typically anything British comes at a greater cost.

He was top scorer in the Championship last year, and is British, and so £6 to £8 million would be about what you'd expect to pay nowadays, yes. This is just reality, because typically anything British comes at a greater cost.

It's really not.

He's soon to be 28 and the season before last he scored single figures, he has very little chance of improving as a player and Leeds are in a financial crisis. I think they would take anything around £3m for him and possibly even less.

Surely it's easy to see the difference in Wickham when he was bought and McCormack now.

Age, potential, nationality are all of what Wickham had on his side that inflated his transfer fee.

Wickham's price was dictated by his age.

27 year old Ross McCormack is playing for Leeds in the Championship for good reason.

His record prior to this season is rank average. The only people who would pay anywhere near 6-8m for him is a newly promoted team severely lacking in imagination and lacking the ability to sign better players.

Guest Roger Kint

Wickham was young, highly rated, and you could argue the mackems were fleeced.

Ross McCormack isn't worth 8mil , nor should he be valued at that imo.

And he plays for a team that cant even pay their players never mind demand silly money.

Guest reefatoon

Wickham's price was dictated by his age.

27 year old Ross McCormack is playing for Leeds in the Championship for good reason.

His record prior to this season is rank average. The only people who would pay anywhere near 6-8m for him is a newly promoted team severely lacking in imagination and lacking the ability to sign better players.

Well two out of three isn't bad, that's us after him then.

If only Ken Bates was stick kicking around at Leeds, imagine his reaction at the phonecall when someone puts a £6m bid in for McCormack, defibrillators at the ready.

Leeds supporting friend of mine just said:

"He got top scorer in a terrible team so I can't hate on him and if anyone deserves a shot then he does. If he gets a few goals early on he could end up being a good signing. Though when he doesn't score he really doesn't, talking an 18 game spell!"