NUFC transfer rumours in the press

Rich
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

It's just another meh appointment in a long list of meh-ness I think is the issue. He could well "do a job." But he's not going to light the league up and it doesn't bode well that he would be our marquee signing expected to score the lions share of the goals this season.

After everything that has gone on, to dispel the aura of misery, negativity and hopelessness we really need to pull the stops out for a proven goalscorer.

I have seen him enough to know what we would be getting, nothing exciting about signing him at all but tbf you could say that about every link going.

You didn't answer my question - how many Wolfsburg fixtures did you watch last season to gain such an expert judgement on him?

The bloke started 28 games last season (across league, cup and international), scored 20 goals and got 7 assists.

Terrified of the ball he is, absolutely terrified.

Fine.

He's a penalty box striker with good general instincts but needs to be force fed. In other words his ability on the ball isn't very good at all and seeing as we don't really create much it would be De Jong mk2 ( the crap one) except i agree with Unbelievable, De Jong is a better player.

Still didn't answer my question, but okay  :laugh:

Lets hope we don't sign this bloke, because four people on an internet forum claim to have scouted him on a regular basis (with their intense and fantastic scouting record) and deem him unable to be a success for us.

:cheesy: :cheesy: :cheesy:

And your qualification for opining on this subject is?

I've not said he's good nor bad, I've just criticised others who have slated a man who they've barely seen kick a ball.

I've simply stated to give the bloke a chance (should he sign).

Except we have seen him kick a ball unlike you. You're beyond help.

:lol: Your argument is pathetic.

PS - I went and watched Wolfsburg live on one occasion last season and managed to catch between 6-8 of their league and cup games on TV.

But obviously you know everything and you are a world class football scout.

Don't buy for one second you watched him 6-8 times and believe him to be an exciting prospect for us. Sorry, but you must've caught the Bayern 4-1 game but even then his general play isn't excellent and I can definitely see where Unbelievable is coming from with the Luuk comparison. Outside the box he's not much, but he doesn't contribute enough in general play to come to a club like ours and shine.

Before you ask me as well, yes I've watched far more than 6-8 full 90 minutes of Wolfsburg this season.

Would love to know when I named him as an exciting prospect :rolleyes:

You're implying that aren't you? I think Mole, Mandoon and Unbelievable have been quite spot on with their opinions. He might get goals, but he doesn't contribute enough in general play to ever succeed in a club like ours unless we change our ways of playing. In the right team he's not a horrible player, but we're so shit all over we'd need someone that can get involved in general play, which despite Pardew probably believing that because of his height, he doesn't do well.

You're implying that aren't you? I think Mole, Mandoon and Unbelievable have been quite spot on with their opinions. He might get goals, but he doesn't contribute enough in general play to ever succeed in a club like ours unless we change our ways of playing. In the right team he's not a horrible player, but we're so s*** all over we'd need someone that can get involved in general play, which despite Pardew probably believing that because of his height, he doesn't do well.

Am I? Have I not stated (several times) that I'm not saying he is going to succeed or not, merely stating he deserves a chance (if signed).

I said that if he has the right players around him, he'll score goals - which is evidenced in his goal-scoring record.

The only counter arguments is that people think he looks bad, or doesn't contribute etc. etc.

He's barely had a bad season as a player, yet people seem to think we could do better.

Makes me laugh how everyone slated (and rightly so) Pardew for asking wingers to "contribute" and not just attack, yet this guy just attacks and people moan he doesn't contribute!

Also at what stage of the deal are we at, are we: monitoring, considering preparing an offer, preparing an offer, making a derisory offer, making a second derisory offer, being told to f*** off by the selling club, thrashing out personal terms, making a derisory contract offer, being told to f*** off by the player, edging over the line or over the line?

Also at what stage of the deal are we at, are we: monitoring, considering preparing an offer, preparing an offer, making a derisory offer, making a second derisory offer, being told to f*** off by the selling club, thrashing out personal terms, making a derisory contract offer, being told to f*** off by the player, edging over the line or over the line?

"Made contact."

You're implying that aren't you? I think Mole, Mandoon and Unbelievable have been quite spot on with their opinions. He might get goals, but he doesn't contribute enough in general play to ever succeed in a club like ours unless we change our ways of playing. In the right team he's not a horrible player, but we're so s*** all over we'd need someone that can get involved in general play, which despite Pardew probably believing that because of his height, he doesn't do well.

Am I? Have I not stated (several times) that I'm not saying he is going to succeed or not, merely stating he deserves a chance (if signed).

I said that if he has the right players around him, he'll score goals - which is evidenced in his goal-scoring record.

The only counter arguments is that people think he looks bad, or doesn't contribute etc. etc.

He's barely had a bad season as a player, yet people seem to think we could do better.

Makes me laugh how everyone slated (and rightly so) Pardew for asking wingers to "contribute" and not just attack, yet this guy just attacks and people moan he doesn't contribute!

Do you have trouble reading? people are saying he doesn't contribute to general play, which is important considering how disjointed a team we are. If we were making shit loads of chances every week then fair enough but we don't so it's important that the striker can score out of nothing which he can't.

How often he attacks or doesn't attack is irrelevant when he'll never see the ball in the positions he saw it for Wolfsburg.

Poll added.

:lol: It was his fucking question man, it's just boring question. Mole and those guys were answering him without dropping random numbers.

I'm just being a dick for lols tbh.

Do you have trouble reading? people are saying he doesn't contribute to general play, which is important considering how disjointed a team we are. If we were making s*** loads of chances every week then fair enough but we don't so it's important that the striker can score out of nothing which he can't.

How often he attacks or doesn't attack is irrelevant when he'll never see the ball in the positions he saw it for Wolfsburg.

If he signs and scores 20 or more goals (in all competitions) next season, you can buy me a pint.

If he signs and scores less than 20 goals (in all competitions) next season, I'll buy you a pint.

If he doesn't sign, then we'll carry on this discussion next summer about a player in the Slovakian league who we are linked with at that point.

Start watching your Slovakian football.

Blatantly know Flip voted for himself btw :lol:

Actually didn't. :thup: Voted for fuck cares.

Poll added.

:lol: It was his f***ing question man, it's just boring question. Mole and those guys were answering him without dropping random numbers.

I'm just being a dick for lols tbh.

:lol:

Do you have trouble reading? people are saying he doesn't contribute to general play, which is important considering how disjointed a team we are. If we were making s*** loads of chances every week then fair enough but we don't so it's important that the striker can score out of nothing which he can't.

If he signs and scores 20 or more goals (in all competitions) next season, you can buy me a pint.

If he signs and scores less than 20 goals (in all competitions) next season, I'll buy you a pint.

If he doesn't sign, then we'll carry on this discussion next summer about a player in the Slovakian league who we are linked with at that point.

Start watching your Slovakian football.

:lol: I really don't care about being right or wrong i'm just saying what i have seen and his suitability for our current team, also comparing the Bundesliga which is on BT every week to the Slovakian league. :lol:

Guest antz1uk

According to the pole that fibber the prophet hasn't watched him at all, all a bit fishy to me like  ;D