NUFC transfer rumours in the press

Rich
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

It'd be ok I guess but we could just end up with the situation of Thauvin needing time to get used to the league, Cabella should have toughened up a bit and under better management could still come good. It'd be more of a gamble than keepign Cabella imo.

Guest neesy111

How much was it we were quibbling over the first time we failed to buy him, couple of million €? :lol:

http://www.stevesfootballstats.co.uk/media/images/user-images/1309/portsmouth04.png

We need to keep Cabella. If this happened we'd only have Thauvin and an inexperienced and possibly injury prone Aarons before we're relying on the Uncle Fester twins again.

Marveaux ?

How much was it we were quibbling over the first time we failed to buy him, couple of million €? :lol:

Yeah something like that. Imagine if he had signed for us and "played" under Pardew. He would be sitting at Mcdonalds in Nice with Hatem :lol:

I'd not be that arsed if we replaced Cabella. Hasn't shown much IMO.

Agree with you, but still i would hate it if we got rid of Cabella now. There is a good player in him and i would really want to see him get a chance under McClaren.

It's funny how McClaren emphasised getting the right personalities but the two players we seem to be most in for right now are known for having pretty poor attitudes.

Yeah i've been thinking the same. Maybe he also means people that have the kind of character that makes them able to perform at the big stage as well.

It's funny how McClaren emphasised getting the right personalities but the two players we seem to be most in for right now are known for having pretty poor attitudes.

Yeah i've been thinking the same. Maybe he also means people that have the kind of character that makes them able to perform at the big stage as well.

It's just buzzwords man, the clubs used to crow on about doing extensive scouting to get the right personalities. That'll be why Cabaye, Sissoko, Ben Arfa, and the rest have been model professionals.

The only transfer condition is whether there is a decent chance their value goes up in 1-2 years for selling.

It's a very important distinction. Can you think of a meek, subservient player who will stand up and be counted on the pitch? The likes of Pardew need a room full of weaklings who won't stand up to them because he's insecure due to his inability. Sir Bobby knew that when it comes to game time you need a team full of men with self belief, and they tend to give your their opinions.

The old "bad attitude" craic does my head in. If they deliver on the pitch I couldn't give a s***.

Basically what the mackems say about Johnson.

Wew.

There is a fair difference between having a player who wants to lick lasses out and having a player who wants to lick little girls.

It's a very important distinction. Can you think of a meek, subservient player who will stand up and be counted on the pitch? The likes of Pardew need a room full of weaklings who won't stand up to them because he's insecure due to his inability. Sir Bobby knew that when it comes to game time you need a team full of men with self belief, and they tend to give your their opinions.

Spot on.

Need men on the pitch to lead,  be lead, and perform. Rise to the occasion and be real player. Think we've got a few of those to be honest, and they've had it coached out of them. Siem, Daryl and Gini all have that type-a personality and I like to think a few others do as well.

Have McClaren said what kind of character they are looking for? When I first heard him, I thought he meant people that wants to win and that give 100% no matter what, compared to what we saw last season when our lot barely bothered after we went a goal down. I don't think he cares if they are a bad apples or not, as long as they are professional and give everything for the team. That's how I interpreted it.