NUFC transfer rumours in the press

Rich
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

If there was ever a good time to lose while fighting relegation it was today. We have a little over a week to bring in players that could help guarantee our safety.

Problem being good players are less likely to want to play for a club deep in relegation trouble while selling clubs know they have us by the balls.

Shame there's just no way any of this could've been predicted....

He shouldn't be saying that, like, even if he's not wrong.

It's at least the second team he's said it about after a defeat.

Spineless prick might want to have a word with his 'fellow directors'.

Deeney and Ighalo were hardly household names before this season, that's why they are at Watford. It's a massive indictment on our scouting and transfer policy to be saying this tbh. But then he's part of it.

http://www.chroniclelive.co.uk/sport/football/transfer-news/steve-mcclaren-newcastle-united-looking-10780068

Steve McClaren says that dialogue with his board at Newcastle United will continue in the last 10 days of the transfer window.

The United chief remained coy about specific targets after the 2-1 defeat against Watford but the need for a striker was glaringly obvious during the Magpies’ 12th Premier League loss of the campaign.

Managing director Lee Charnley was in the stands for the loss to the Hornets and McClaren was asked for an update on transfers after the game.

He said: “I mean at present we’ve got Manu Riviere coming back and other players who can score.

“We’ve struggled to score away from home. But certainly - the window is open, there is 10 days to go.

“We go about our business quietly, we’ve done that. We’ve brought two in. Again we’ll be talking and talking, as every club will be in this window, to say: ‘What can we do to improve it?’”

McClaren was then asked whether he could guarantee new faces this month.

He replied: “It’s January, I haven’t got a clue.”

:lol:

We won't be signing anyone. Same typical non answer that Pardew used to spout.

In fact, if Napoli really have bid 27m for Sissoko, he'll be away at the end of the window. Then the old "we tried but we couldn't get them over the line" shite will be spouted.

I wouldn't be devastated if he did leave actually, it's just the same gambling as every season. I do think McClaren has improved things since last year but the fact is he isn't good enough to improve us enough.

Forget strikers or defenders, the most important signing of last summer should have been a top manager. It would have been a damn sight cheaper than having to pay 20m for a player who might score goals.

This gobshite spent the week training the players, and i'm singling out Aarons here. Did he get stage fright or was he just well off the pace after being out for a year? What would possess a manager to pick a player who wasn't up to the job when the club is staring down relegation. He should be fired on that basis alone.

I'd just be happy with a proper centre forward. Tbh I think that's the best we can hope for.

We need more tbh if we're to get results away from home. Still far to easy to get through.

Agree with you but I can't see us bringing in 3 new signings this week. We're in desperate need of a centre forward and I'm not even confident of getting one of those.

I'd just be happy with a proper centre forward. Tbh I think that's the best we can hope for.

We need more tbh if we're to get results away from home. Still far to easy to get through.

Agree with you but I can't see us bringing in 3 new signings this week. We're in desperate need of a centre forward and I'm not even confident of getting one of those.

Then we go down.  Things always shift faster the last week of the window, but ultimately players cost more as the panic sets in. At the end of it if fatso doesn't dig deep, he's risking his big payday. If he does dig deep, we still have the spanner in the works that is Charnley to fuck any deal up.

Then we go down.  Things always shift faster the last week of the window, but ultimately players cost more as the panic sets in. At the end of it if fatso doesn't dig deep, he's risking his big payday. If he does dig deep, we still have the spanner in the works that is Charnley to f*** any deal up.

Thing is they need a striker that will come in and do the business. Only Remy matches that description. Need a winger and left back as well by looks of it

We won't sign a winger whilst we've got Thauvin, Aarons, Marveaux and Obertan on the books and we won't sign a left back when we have Dummett, Haidara and Mbabu on the wage bill.

At least 3 of the wingers are not up to PL standard at present and the fourth has a big question mark over him ; all the LBs are Championship level at best...

Carr & Charnley have done a splendid job, haven't they...??