NUFC transfer rumours in the press

Rich
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

We've just started to see how good we can be with Wijnaldum behind a front man, I don't want to be changing that at the minute. Can Berahino play that role in front of Gini ?, as much as I like Mitrovic, right now we need the goals and hopefully be able to keep developing him next season.

Is Berahino any better than Lua Lua was? (similar players imho) And would Lua Lua be worth around 20m in todays market?

Berahino and Lua Lua are similar in the same way YaYa Toure and David James are similar. Well spotted.

£30 million?! Ha!

West Brom really come across quite badly in all of this, it's no wonder Berahino has been so stroppy. Pulis doesn't want to use him, but they aren't being realistic in their valuation so he can get a move.

Just read the article regarding the £30 million. Apparently West Brom are demanding that fee from Spurs and Chelsea to spite them, and if they are unwilling to pay it they will then prepare to sell him to us for £15 million!

Apparently the West Brom chairman is p*ssed with Spurs from last summer, and I guess if Roman is involved he just feels they ought to rinse Chelsea.

Sounds ridiculous all around, and we'd better not stay involved in this mess too long, or we may end up with nothing.

Yeah, I recall something like that being mentioned actually.

Well we pay our fees upfront so that will be a huge bonus for us.

....And Spurs are notorious for paying over 7 years and so on...Levy is a joke to deal with. For all the money they've spent over the last 10 years they haven't really done much.

We're not paying that much, seems a bit pointless to me. This is just like the Townsend deal, I can't see it happening.  To just parrot what other people have been saying, it feels like it will be another "well, we tried" token gesture.  Got to make sure they keep people renewing their ST's.

I'd rather we moved on and looked elsewhere.  If we're waiting to see who blinks first, then we'll be waiting a long time.  Levy drives a hard bargain and the WBA chairman seems like a bit of a fucker and all.  I don't see either of them getting desperate and giving in late in the window.  The players in question need to be kicking up a massive fuss if they're really that keen to leave.  Surely nobody is going to meet the valuation of £14m+ for Townsend and £20m+ for Berahino? 

I still think we need a striker.  But I didn't expect to get Shelvey and Saviet.  So if the window were to shut tomorrow.  I'd be reasonably happy with how it's went.

In fairness I think they are actually trying for these deals, but struggling to find a way to bring them down a bit.

We have to bite the bullet and sign them. Spending a couple of million more than we want is peanuts compared to going down.