NUFC transfer rumours in the press

Rich
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

If we went 433 or 442 we could deffo fit berahino into the side. We could do with some raw pace and skill up front to offset Mitro's obvious qualities and defects...

I would rather the 433 version as someone previously stated, all out Keeganesque attack.... Yipppee

----------------------------Elliot--------------------------

Janmaat----Mbemba--------Colo----------Dummet (jack)

------Sissoko---------Shelvey----------Perez--------

----Berahino------------Mitro-------Wijnaldum-----

If we went 433 or 442 we could deffo fit berahino into the side. We could do with some raw pace and skill up front to offset Mitro's obvious qualities and defects...

I would rather the 433 version as someone previously stated, all out Keeganesque attack.... Yipppee

----------------------------Elliot--------------------------

Janmaat----Mbemba--------Colo----------Dummet (jack)

------Sissoko---------Shelvey----------Perez--------

----Berahino------------Mitro-------Wijnaldum-----

why push Wijnaldum outside after the way we've played last 3 games since he moved up and central ? If berahino comes in it will be to play instead of Mitro or alongside  with Wijnaldum in behind. Rtaher he didn't come and we used the money elsewhere than do as you propose.

Would rather not sign Berahino if it meant the end of Perez to be honest. Would be completely pointless.

Of course it won't be the end of Perez. Right now we need goals, Perez and Mitro need relief as they aren't ready to bang them in each week. To compete you've got to have options in your team, Perez is clever enough to be useful in a number of positions, whether it be with Berahino, playing deeper, wider or in a front three. Or simply giving Perez a break and mixing it up etc.

No need to shove all our purples into the side at the same time - god forbid we have options off the bench, or different formations for home/away etc

It's not about that though, it's about a top prospect like Perez wanting game time every week. He's not going to be too happy sitting on the bench at a relegation struggler. He could do that at Spurs and be playing Champions League football and seeing more game time due to volume of games.

Fair enough, if it's Anita or Colback, but not someone with Perez's ability.

No need to shove all our purples into the side at the same time - god forbid we have options off the bench, or different formations for home/away etc

It's not about that though, it's about a top prospect like Perez wanting game time every week. He's not going to be too happy sitting on the bench at a relegation struggler. He could do that at Spurs and be playing Champions League football and seeing more game time due to volume of games.

Fair enough, if it's Anita or Colback, but not someone with Perez's ability.

What if Perez is injured or out of form? What if Berahino is injured or out of form? What if we play 442 with Perez playing with Berahino?

Would rather not sign Berahino if it meant the end of Perez to be honest. Would be completely pointless.

Of course it won't be the end of Perez. Right now we need goals, Perez and Mitro need relief as they aren't ready to bang them in each week. To compete you've got to have options in your team, Perez is clever enough to be useful in a number of positions, whether it be with Berahino, playing deeper, wider or in a front three. Or simply giving Perez a break and mixing it up etc.

I was more referring to the people who think that we'll let Perez go if we sign Berahino. Of course I'd like to sign Berahino and rotate him and Perez, just don't want Perez sold because we've bought another striker.

If Perez is going to be off then he's going to be off, we cannot do a Ba and pander to him at the expense of the team*. Like Mitrovic he's only 22 as well, I think they should expect competition.

Not that I think Perez is bad for the team like, but we need strikers, and if a striker we sign is competing for Perez' place then so be it, it's a good thing.

Where do we play Berahino (in what system?) should we sign him?

I'd sincerely hope it's to play WITH Mitro and not in place of him.

Fantasy stuff, colback will play, and its too offensive. I want this  :aww:

Sissoko    Shelvey Gini    Perez

Mitro    Berahino

Shelvey

Sissoko            Gini

Berahino                      Perez

Mitro

Both would be horrific without a more defensive minded midfielder in there.

I agree. What we're playing atm seems to work very well as there's enough cover for the creaky defence and enough going forward with Mitros hold up play to worry the other team.

Feels like a very bad idea to fuck with things beyond buying some better backup/players to challenge positions.

In the short term I mean obviously.

Im glad the club are supposedly looking elsewhere. Levy and Peace are taking the piss for wanting 14m and upwards of 30m for Townsend and Berahino respectively. Players who don't even play, yet they value them as high as an important first team player integral to the team.

I'd go for Phillips from QPR as a Townsend alternative (4m). Who knows who we are going to target as a Centre Forward. Certainly not this Ramirez, too much of a risk given the predicament we are in - Maybe in the summer if we stay up.

Totally different players though. Perez and Mitro work okay together, but both are almost support strikers, neither of them will get behind defences with their pace in the way Berahino does. We are relying too much on Gini's goals in the current set up.

Where do we play Berahino (in what system?) should we sign him?

I'd sincerely hope it's to play WITH Mitro and not in place of him.

Fantasy stuff, colback will play, and its too offensive. I want this  :aww:

Sissoko    Shelvey Gini    Perez

Mitro    Berahino

Shelvey

Sissoko            Gini

Berahino                      Perez

Mitro

Both would be horrific without a more defensive minded midfielder in there.

I kind of stated that in my post.

But it would be fun to try in a match :)

Whoever you sign, you sign them as a Wide Forward on the left or Winger on the left. That'll properly balance the attack and keep Shelvey in his CM role, a DM that we will always play, and Gini in the #10. Sissoko in some sort of right hand side / wide right midfield position will then continue to remain as he's our main counter attacking outlet.