NUFC transfer rumours in the press

Rich
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

If they were going done a token bid route they wouldn't have paid 12 million for Jonjo.  They would have just offered 10 then refused to budge. Im never going to criticise  someone for refusing to just give Levy what he wants.

I think we need a Berahino type player way more than a winger tbh.

Think he would be a perfect fit to play alongside Mitrovic is a 442, and a good fit in a 433.

If we pay 10-15 or £30m i could not care less really.

I don't see how they both fit into the starting XI anyway?  If we get both, then great.  We could actually do with some options off the bench.  But I automatically assume it means someone (Sissoko) is off.  I just don't trust these fuckers.  I can't ever remember having decent squad depth in the prem, since Ashley has been here? 

If we're not going to meet the horrendously high valuation for Townsend.  Then I'd rather we just went all in on Berahino.  I would guess he'd be playing on the left of a 3, anyway?  Similar to where Perez is playing now?  That would leave Townsend on the bench.  Until someone gets injured/banned/sold.

If they were going done a token bid route they wouldn't have paid 12 million for Jonjo.  They would have just offered 10 then refused to budge. Im never going to criticise  someone for refusing to just give Levy what he wants.

Except that's clearly a good deal, with a quite high possibility of re-sale value.  How much would he have been worth if he never fell out with the coaches, or at the start of the season, when he was in the squad and performing? 

At the prices that are being quoted, I don't see how Berahino or Townsend will ever be profitable and I think they're massively overpriced.  I don't care about that, it's nice to be spending some money.  But judging by the way we have done business in the past, the top brass do.

Maybe the Fat Man doesn't care about that and we're just desperate to make sure we stay up.  But I'm still sceptical about our transfer policy.

Oh and I agree with you on Levy!  It's a ridiculous price for Townsend and I think we're right to be playing hard ball.  I just think we should look elsewhere.  £14m for a Spurs reserve player, who isn't even that good  :idiot2:

A complete guess.  But in Perez's position?  I don't think Mitro would be dropped for him.

I can't see us going 4-4-2 anytime soon and I wouldn't want us to.  Gini is far too good in the free role, to be dropped back into centre mid.  I don't think a midfield pairing of him and Shelvey would work, either. 

This is a huge downside to buying English players it has to be said. Always seems more complicated. Swansea were incredibly reasonable over Shelvy I thought.

We got lucky on Shelvey to a degree. His stock was low at Swansea right in time for the January window. On the back of their poor form he was partly a scapegoat. Whether he was actually a part of the problem or not I'm not sure, but he sure looked handy as hell in our first game.

What's the general consensus?

Elliot

Janmaat          Colo            Mbemba                Dummett (for now)

Colback (can't see him being dropped)

Sissoko        Shelvey          Gini

Berahino

Mitro

With Saivet, Perez etc on the bench?

A complete guess.  But in Perez's position?  I don't think Mitro would be dropped for him.

I can't see us going 4-4-2 anytime soon and I wouldn't want us to.  Gini is far too good in the free role, to be dropped back into centre mid.  I don't think a midfield pairing of him and Shelvey would work, either. 

Go 4 5 1

Go 4 5 1

Cheers Big Sam :lol:

This is a huge downside to buying English players it has to be said. Always seems more complicated. Swansea were incredibly reasonable over Shelvy I thought.

We got lucky on Shelvey to a degree. His stock was low at Swansea right in time for the January window. On the back of their poor form he was partly a scapegoat. Whether he was actually a part of the problem or not I'm not sure, but he sure looked handy as hell in our first game.

You could argue that Berahino's situation is similar to Shelvey's though. West Brom are being impossible though.

I get the impression by reading other boards that the fans of West Brom and Spurs are getting pissed off that Peace and Levy are spending too much time on these deals rather than concentrating on their own in comings, 

Where do we play Berahino (in what system?) should we sign him?

I'd sincerely hope it's to play WITH Mitro and not in place of him.

Fantasy stuff, colback will play, and its too offensive. I want this  :aww:

Sissoko    Shelvey Gini    Perez

Mitro    Berahino

Shelvey

Sissoko            Gini

Berahino                      Perez

Mitro

Where do we play Berahino (in what system?) should we sign him?

I'd sincerely hope it's to play WITH Mitro and not in place of him.

Fantasy stuff, colback will play, and its too offensive. I want this  :aww:

Sissoko    Shelvey Gini    Perez

Mitro    Berahino

Shelvey

Sissoko            Gini

Berahino                      Perez

Mitro

I like both of those but, as you say, there's no way the Crammy Cabaye doesn't start. Sadly.

Go 4 5 1

Cheers Big Sam :lol:

Tips hat

You watch.  There is method behind Levy asking £14+ for Townshend.  If we are still chasing him near the end of the transfer window he will lodge a bid for Perez and offer to drastically reduce Towns ends asking price if we agree to sell them Perez.  Also I don't think Mclaren really wants Perez so wouldn't be surprised if this happens.

You watch.  There is method behind Levy asking £14+ for Townshend.  If we are still chasing him near the end of the transfer window he will lodge a bid for Perez and offer to drastically reduce Towns ends asking price if we agree to sell them Perez.  Also I don't think Mclaren really wants Perez so wouldn't be surprised if this happens.

Well then Levy is just gonna have to go and fuck himself the odious twat.

Is there a past Newcastle player, or other well known bod, who is a reasonable comparison to Berahino (has a similar style of play)?

Probably Mickey Burns in season 75-76 when we got to Wembley in the LC and reached the FAC quarters. He played behind Gowling and Macdonald and got around 15 goals I think. He was directly responsible for us getting  past Bolton in the FAC after 2 hard-fought draws, one at Burnden Park(3-3 with Supermac scoring twice)and 0-0 at SJP ; we had a second replay at Leeds and Burns had to do it all himself because Supermac and Gowling were out of action. He scored both goals in a 2-1 win.

Burns was a smaller forward but skilful on the ball and quick to get a shot in - Berahino seems to be that type of player.