NUFC transfer rumours in the press

Rich
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

I can't stand the thought of another season of Mike Williamson in the first team or f***ing Colo for that matter.

We've needed a commanding CB or two for the last 6-7 seasons and nothing has been done about it.  We can sign as many strikers, wingers and midfielders as you like but until our defence is sorted out it's a waste of time and money.

Spot on  Defence must be sorted first,

My Leeds-buddies are telling me they are after Willamson.

This is when records fall flat on their arse seeing as he has goals made for him on a plate.

Not particularly interested in goalscorers like Austin and Bas Dost, absolutely no point in strikers who rely on service when we don't give them any.

Eh, Austin has been playing for the worst team in the PL...

First part was about Bast Dost, I included Austin at the end because he's the other one we have been linked with.

This is when records fall flat on their arse seeing as he has goals made for him on a plate.

Not particularly interested in goalscorers like Austin and Bas Dost, absolutely no point in strikers who rely on service when we don't give them any.

Must be lucky to have had them served on a plate all his life, then. He puts them away when he gets the chance and that's just what we need imo.

His Eredivisie record is irrelevant, in Germany he's basically been fed tap ins by De Bruyne on a weekly basis. We don't create shit so he'll be useless.

Bas Dost is your typical forward going on a hot streak (like wor Papiss in his first half season). To splash big cash at him based on his goal flurry earlier this year would be a massive mistake. Six months ago Wolfsburg were keen to get rid of their expensive squad player and wiling to sell or even loan him out for peanuts to Feyenoord. I work in Rotterdam, and even the Feyenoord fans here were not convinced, and this coming from a club in dire need of offensive reinforcements. Trust me, whoever spends 10m or more on Bas Dost may as well flush it down the toilet. He's very tall, I'll give him that.

I can't stand the thought of another season of Mike Williamson in the first team or f***ing Colo for that matter.

We've needed a commanding CB or two for the last 6-7 seasons and nothing has been done about it.  We can sign as many strikers, wingers and midfielders as you like but until our defence is sorted out it's a waste of time and money.

Did you laugh and them and tell and tell them how shit he is?

I reckon he might even struggle to be decent in the Championship but let's hope he's someone else's problem next season.

Must be lucky to have had them served on a plate all his life, then. He puts them away when he gets the chance and that's just what we need imo.

His Eredivisie record is irrelevant, in Germany he's basically been fed tap ins by De Bruyne on a weekly basis. We don't create s*** so he'll be useless.

Might not be the best option out there, but on the other hand if Riviere could put away some chances and do some tap-ins, we would certainly have scored more goals last half of the season.

Did you laugh and them and tell and tell them how s*** he is?

I reckon he might even struggle to be decent in the Championship but let's hope he's someone else's problem next season.

Off course I told them it would be a bargain and that he's nothing like a white mans Bramble.

His Eredivisie record is irrelevant, in Germany he's basically been fed tap ins by De Bruyne on a weekly basis. We don't create s*** so he'll be useless.

To be fair though, in De Jong, Cabella, Aarons and Perez we have the potential to make chances for a striker who feeds off good service.

The problem is getting them all playing well, keeping them fit and reversing all of the anti-football coaching damage done over the past 12 months.

If they all come good we might actually have some fret next season.

First part was about Bast Dost, I included Austin at the end because he's the other one we have been linked with.

"Rely on service", that's the thing though, Austin has been playing for Queens Park f***ing Rangers. We should be able to provide better service.

a team in general needs to be set up to create, not just 3 players who are unreliable at this point. Look at any successful team and the entire team is looking to create.

Which won't happen so we need a striker who can create for himself, which again won't happen because that costs precious pennies.

"Rely on service", that's the thing though, Austin has been playing for Queens Park f***ing Rangers. We should be able to provide better service.

We all know that we don't though, the game against QPR at the end of the season showed that quite clearly.

I would genuinely be worried if McClaren was interested in Bas Dost. All the talk (not from himself admittedly) about a better brand of football than Pardew's would go right out of the window if he's seriously after a 6 ft 5 forward with average technical ability. And I thought Luuk de Jong might have what it takes to succeed here, so make of that what you will.

So basically - fuck building a team, let's buy Ronaldo, Messi or Neymar? We have players with proven records of delivering assists and technical ability in De Jong, Cabella, Perez. The problem is that there has been absolutely no work on developing any attacking play the last seasons. We probably need more creativity in central midfield, but if we can develop some play - a proven, stable, goalscorer is what we need imo. We have Riv who gets to alot of chances and then blasts them up at the terraces and we have Cissé who scores fluke goals and in all sorts of weird positions when he's on and nothing when he's off.

To be fair though, in De Jong, Cabella, Aarons and Perez we have the potential to make chances for a striker who feeds off good service.

The problem is getting them all playing well, keeping them fit and reversing all of the anti-football coaching damage done over the past 12 months.

If they all come good we might actually have some fret next season.

Get someone better than Colback to pull the strings for them and I think the front line would improve a lot.

Bas Dost is your typical forward going on a hot streak (like wor Papiss in his first half season). To splash big cash at him based on his goal flurry earlier this year would be a massive mistake. Six months ago Wolfsburg were keen to get rid of their expensive squad player and wiling to sell or even loan him out for peanuts to Feyenoord. I work in Rotterdam, and even the Feyenoord fans here were not convinced, and this coming from a club in dire need of offensive reinforcements. Trust me, whoever spends 10m or more on Bas Dost may as well flush it down the toilet. He's very tall, I'll give him that.

If he is as good as Cisse I have no problem.

If he is as good as Cisse I have no problem.

Cisse had a very good goalscoring record prior to coming to Newcastle, it wasn't just a one off season.

I like the look of Bas Dost, though in all honesty I have seen a full game of his a couple of times only. For his height he seems quick and really mobile, which I remember particularly liking.

I like the look of Bas Dost, though in all honesty I have seen a full game of his a couple of times only. For his height he seems quick and really mobile, which I remember particularly liking.

We'll be bastards to deal with at set pieces with him and Austin up front.

If we get either that is. I'm not holding out too much hope....