NUFC transfer rumours in the press

Rich
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Guest Haris Vuckic

Ambition = Zero

Yep, what's the bloody point in it all.

Was it Dave who posted a stat saying what % Sports Direct had increased taking since Ashley bought us?

Sadly a large part of it is that.

I think Sports Direct's success is two fold. Ashley's involvement in us, and tbf clothes/shoes/trainers that parents and lower paid workers can afford. I know that's not something we want readily admit but it's true nevertheless. The current climate has been kind to him.

Not that i'm doubting his ownership of us has had nothing to do with it, just a smaller part of it than we think imo.

Aye I wouldn't say it's a massive part but I would say there's got to be something noticeable in his figures I reckon or the club would have to go one way or the other ambition wise.

Guest bimpy474

Ambition = Zero

Was it Dave who posted a stat saying what % Sports Direct had increased taking since Ashley bought us?

I think Sports Direct's success is two fold. Ashley's involvement in us, and tbf clothes/shoes/trainers that parents and lower paid workers can afford. I know that's not something we want readily admit but it's true nevertheless. The current climate has been kind to him.

Not that i'm doubting his ownership of us has had nothing to do with it, just a smaller part of it than we think imo.

The recession was a bonus for him tbh.

Aye, that's exactly what i meant  O0

Ambition = Zero

It's strange when you think about it, but I'd be willing to bet he saw an upturn in customers.

Not only him, many bargain basement retailers like Aldi and Lidl etc. It was the middle ones that were hammered, the bottom and top end usually do OK in recession.

Guest bimpy474

Ambition = Zero

It's strange when you think about it, but I'd be willing to bet he saw an upturn in customers.

I worked for nearly 25 years as a household removals man and in that job you saw a recession coming a good year before it happened, house buying is one of the first to drop off. If people like me in that kind of job could see it, someone like him certainly would have. The timing of it all, buy us and get Sports Direct in the forefront of most TV screens. Combined with squeezed incomes, sell clothes/shoes cheap. And despite all the shit that has gone on, any publicity is good publicity.

Well a suspicious mind and all that.

Guest bimpy474

Ambition = Zero

Aye I wouldn't say it's a massive part but I would say there's got to be something noticeable in his figures I reckon or the club would have to go one way or the other ambition wise.

I've really no idea now what Ashley really wants. Does he want to sell, while people say he would there has been no effort on that front. Does he want to own a successful football club, the lack of ambition says no. So he just want to own a mid table self funding boring football club. Doesn't make sense.

Guest Haris Vuckic

Ambition = Zero

I've really no idea now what Ashley really wants. Does he want to sell, while people say he would there has been no effort on that front. Does he want to own a successful football club, the lack of ambition says no. So he just want to own a mid table self funding boring football club. Doesn't make sense.

I think he came in with two ideas -

1. To be the fabled 'Geordie Abramovic' after being fed s**** by Hall/Shepherd

2. To advertise his company internationally.

Obviously 1 has gone tits up so we're left with 2 & as long as we exist in the premier league - off our own steam - he's doing a number on us.

Whilst JK is here we're going to buy no one.

We could sign players regardless of Kinnear. If we really wanted to bring players in and Kinnear was finding it tough then Charnley or Ashley would step in. Ashley was rumoured to have carried out the transfers of all last January, and the players were here in a crack.

Joe Kinnear was never brought to club to run transfers, that was a flat out lie imo just to give him a title.

We only signed Anita and Bigi when Llambias was here the summer after we got 5th, the same problems and frustrations we have now were present when JFK wasnt around.

Guest bimpy474

Ambition = Zero

Obviously 1 has gone tits up so we're left with 2 & as long as we exist in the premier league - off our own steam - he's doing a number on us.

I think you're spot on :(

Whilst JK is here we're going to buy no one.

We could sign players regardless of Kinnear. If we really wanted to bring players in and Kinnear was finding it tough then Charnley or Ashley would step in. Ashley was rumoured to have carried out the transfers of all last January, and the players were here in a crack.

Joe Kinnear was never brought to club to run transfers, that was a flat out lie imo just to give him a title.

We only signed Anita and Bigi when Llambias was here the summer after we got 5th, the same problems and frustrations we have now were present when JFK wasnt around.

Not to take anything away from your points as your spot on.... but i'd take a Anita and Bigi equivalent right about now. ( different positions though naturally)

Unless we break the bank it's hard to get players to move at this time of the year. On top of that we can question the quality available, Gomis and De jong? They may add numbers but not the quality to improve our season

They certainly don't look worth breaking the bank for.

Ambition = Zero

Only a tiny fraction of SD business is international right now. I said on another thread that the best result for us (under his ownership) would be that at some point he wants to expand SD internationally and he wants to use us to help. In that situation the only way we'd be any use is if we were much higher profile and more successful than we are now. So he'd have to show more ambition for the club. 

For sure, and thats how far we've sunk (no offence to either of those players).

Kinnear may be part of this 'delegation', but it's Ashley that has our transfers or lack of them under his total control, and JFK is part of the lies.

Ambition = Zero

Only a tiny fraction of SD business is international right now. I said on another thread that the best result for us (under his ownership) would be that at some point he wants to expand SD internationally and he wants to use us to help. In that situation the only way we'd be any use is if we were much higher profile and more successful than we are now. So he'd have to show more ambition for the club. 

Is that not where the rumours of him binning us off for Rangers, once they're back in the SPL came from? Could get them in the CL year in year out with a significantly smaller investment than it would take to have us crack the top 4. Sad but true indictment of domestic English football in its current state.

Guest bimpy474

You look at Everton bringing in another striker, hoping to push on (i know it's only a loan). We're going to bring in no one so we can stand still.

Fucking joke.

You look at Everton bringing in another striker, hoping to push on (i know it's only a loan). We're going to bring in no one so we can stand still.

Fucking joke.

Same old, those around us strengthen and we do nothing

Guest bimpy474

Fucking joke.

So frustrating :banghead:

Fucking joke.

So frustrating :banghead:

We are being mugged off, the entire reason Kinnear was brought in. Its not that we can't sign players its he won't, nailed on we are heading for a summer that is going to be just as frustrating.

http://www.francefootball.fr/news/Doucoure-plait-a-newcastle/434924

France Football saying Abdoulaye Doucoure from Rennes is being watched, and we "could go on the offensive in the next few days", which I think literally translates to preparing a bid.

Afro-French with 6 months contract.

http://t3.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQ2gbeQnH1XuRx8h0KA15NCGgxdnwVsQYVPBKOLTfrs1KjNd-mRtQ