NUFC transfer rumours in the press

Rich
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Guest Roger Kint

You'd think he'd cost a pretty hefty wedge, like.

England international, decent scoring record. Its never going to be under £15m given his age

mail linking us with Welbeck.

Really? I'd be ecstatic. Wouldn't really replace Remy but if we could get Welbeck for the same price as LDJ, I'd have Welbeck. Guy's quality and will get better with 38 games up front every year.

linking may be too big a term, more that Welbecks could get shoved out of Man Utd and as always us in cases like this us and Everton get linked. Why I'll never know.

Welbeck strikes me as one of those players who'd struggle to shine in a team outside of the top five or six. He'll score goals when presented with a few chances every game, but not really fashion out many himself against decent defenders.

Guest Roger Kint

I personally think he's underrated. He's never really had a proper run in the Man Utd team.

He would score 15 in our team no problem. Would make him a massive part of our team, agree hes underrated to an extent(still an England regular after all)

I personally think he's underrated. He's never really had a proper run in the Man Utd team.

He would score 15 in our team no problem. Would make him a massive part of our team, agree hes underrated to an extent(still an England regular after all)

Within a year or so he would be getting linked away, same with any player who will come here and score goals though.

If we can't get Remy then we should go for him, get LDJ as well, and a Shola replacement and we'll be fine.

Guest Roger Kint

Within a year or so he would be getting linked away, same with any player who will come here and score goals though.

If we can't get Remy then we should go for him, get LDJ as well, and a Shola replacement and we'll be fine.

Remy would be cheaper and less English.

I'd have Welbeck here - young, still has potential and probably needs a good run somewhere to prove himself. That said if it comes down to us and Everton, I think he'll head to Merseyside. They have ambition, whereas we do not.

Guest Roger Kint

I'd have Welbeck here - young, still has potential and probably needs a good run somewhere to prove himself. That said if it comes down to us and Everton, I think he'll head to Merseyside. They have ambition, whereas we do not.

Even our cheap recruitment they would no doubt sell Baines to get him

Mole writes like that on here with every post :lol:

I really like Mole, he's a knowledgeable lad, but that irritates the f*** out of me.

I completely missed this :lol:

Never thought i'd be compared to Ryder tbh, but as long as its not to do with window licking i suppose its alright.  :hmm:

mail linking us with Welbeck.

I'd love him here, but the fact that we would be interested and the possibility of him being interested in us is just laughable.

Yep, agreed. In the unlikely event of Man U wanting to part with him, he'd go to a CL club.

He's done alright this season so far for goals but i'm not convinced he's a 20 a season man which is what we need right now.  He's definitely not a Remy replacement, he should be filling the apple eaters shoes if anyone.

We need a regular goalscorer the way we play. Not convinced Welbeck would be that person. Not sure we'd be a good fit for him, or rather him be a good fit for us.

yep, and pardew has had one his entire tenure with us - wonder how long that run can last?  the moment he doesn't have a striker hitting the ground running with consistent goals we will be in serious fucking trouble like

suppose the alternative view may be that he's making these players score goals consistently, but that's not for me

Along with Remy you would have to think Shola and Cisse are also goners with the jury still out of De Jong. The amount of investment we need (but no doubt won't get) up front is frightening.