NUFC transfer rumours in the press

Rich
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Shawcross would be massive coup. Like most have said though, no chance of it happening.

:lol: you may rate him, but "massive coup". Not ever, in any reality

No doubt they'd try to sell it to us as such though.

He'd improve us. That's all that matters in reality.

He's a bit of a cunt, not that good a footballer technically but if Colo is going back to Argentina and Taylor is going to be fucked off then getting him in would be good business imo. 

Shawcross is a bit of a cunt, which is one of the things we're lacking. Most of our players are way too nice, Cabaye could be a niggly little fucker but he's away now and with even Tiote trying to be nice these days there's only really Debuchy who has a bit of needle about him. Sissoko tries the mean and moody thing on occassion but it's just not the same as having an out and out arsehole getting in everyone's faces.

all depends where they see the priority to spend (:yao:) is of course, i'm just saying that of the 3 CB's we have on the books at the moment not inc. colo i'd imagine that williamson is the one most in tune with the manager and probably the one he trusts the most based on recent selection evidence

they might decide to go with a williamson/mbiwa starting pair, with taylor and a bairn (or new) filling in when required

Shawcross is one of the most overrated players in the league. He's shocking on a pretty frequent basis.

It's weird cause this is how I see it as well. Sure he's better than what we got, but for the money being talked about we should stay clear in my opinion. As some others have said as well I'd prefer Caulker.

i think williamson has played himself into first choice myself, doubt very much they have any plans to replace him

If this happens we might as well kiss next season good bye already  as well. Mike has done enough for me to be considered a 4th or possibly even a 3rd CB for a club in the PL, but I still think he's way far off to be a starter in this league.

i think williamson has played himself into first choice myself, doubt very much they have any plans to replace him

If this happens we might as well kiss next season good bye already  as well. Mike has done enough for me to be considered a 4th or possibly even a 3rd CB for a club in the PL, but I still think he's way far off to be a starter in this league.

i'm not saying this is my opinion, i'm saying the way club views things this may well be their opinion

pardew rates him, he causes no bother, he's presumably cheap, he's english and he never gets injured

knowing what we know and considering the other options to replace are taylor (shit perma-crock) and mbiwa (seems like pardew doesn't entirely trust him) then for me the likelihood is williamson might be one of our starting CB's next year if colo leaves

Signing Shawcross would be a radical departure from the 'transfer model'.

Exactly the sort of player we need but I can't help but think it would be money better spent elsewhere, particularly if Remy goes on to new pastures.

Abdoulaye Faye cost £2.25 million.

Then again we should have plenty of money to spend in the summer. :yao:

Pardew's made it clear it's Colo/Mbiwa for one spot so we definitely need another centre-back.

We need a midfielder, winger, and either Remy & De Jong or two replacements for them. That's at least.

I wouldn't rule out the possibility of needing a fullback either, this summer is going to be an utter mess :lol: