NUFC transfer rumours in the press

Rich
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Guest Roger Kint

Didn't Golfmag say that we already have a Colo replacement lined up?

He did.

I think i have missed a few Golfmag posts lately, will have to see. Was confused by some comments about in during the Hull match too

I think Curtis Good can be 4th choice next season, he's debuted for Australia and has been magnificent for Dundee Utd (I know much lower level). I'll be interested to watch him against Spain, Holland and Chile in the World Cup.

Ideally we need a young keeper, a fullback, a centre back, a creative midfielder, a winger and 2 strikers.

Guest chopey

I think Curtis Good can be 4th choice next season, he's debuted for Australia and has been magnificent for Dundee Utd (I know much lower level). I'll be interested to watch him against Spain, Holland and Chile in the World Cup.

Ideally we need a young keeper, a fullback, a centre back, a creative midfielder, a winger and 2 strikers.

And thats just the list if nobody leaves !!!!

Pardew's made it clear it's Colo/Mbiwa for one spot so we definitely need another centre-back.

We need a midfielder, winger, and either Remy & De Jong or two replacements for them. That's at least.

I wouldn't rule out the possibility of needing a fullback either, this summer is going to be an utter mess :lol:

I think quality wise, a left-back would be good. Don't rate Santon and I'm not convinced with Dummett & Haidara yet.

We'll definitely wait till after the World Cup to do anything like.

I forgot about that old chestnut. 'We was hampered by the World Cup'. :lol:

Puts Sissoko, Debuchy, etc. in the shop window too, plus an excuse why "bigger" clubs get Remy as well. Throw in all the World Cup tat Sport Direct will sell and this summer is Mike Ashley's wet dream.

Will he actually be starting for Australia?

He's never looked better than League One level (at best) when I've seen him.

Shawcross is one of the most overrated players in the league. He's shocking on a pretty frequent basis.

It's the same 4 or 5 posters who are stupidly overcritical of English players all the time.  It's embarrassing.

Will he actually be starting for Australia?

He's never looked better than League One level (at best) when I've seen him.

Tricky to judge if a player is better than a certain level if he's never had the chance to prove it, for sure you can see if some don't have the talent but with Good I think that statement is unfair.  He could well turn out to be a PL standard defender.  We will most likely never know due to our ability to develop players.  If I was a young player with any talent there is no way I would join NUFC unless I was 6'4".

How come Topor-Stanley never gets a look in for Oz?

I'm not opposed to an idea like this, if Colo goes and we could find an upgrade on Taylor (or just someone who will stay fit and not be insane that'll work too) and move him on I like the idea of having a younger cb as 4th choice as lord knows the kids need to be given a chance sooner or later or whats the bloody point.

As for Caulker or Shawcross, personally I'm not all that convinced by Caulker and would much prefer Shawcross, is he the perfect defender? Nope but if the perfect defender exists we sure as hell ain't going to get him and he is an upgrade on Williamson and Taylor in the physical defender style which could make him the ideal partner for Mbwia. Snowballs chance in hell mind he'd cost a small fortune with length of contract, English premium and the fact Stoke aren't desperate for cash.

How many of their matches have you watched like? :lol:

How many of their matches have you watched like? :lol:

Only a couple of games, yes we get Scottish football on TV here ;). But I also read their forums and the fans love him there. Before his current injury I'd say that he had an excellent chance of starting at the World Cup. He started against Venezuela last week and was our best defender. By all accounts the national manager is a huge fan of him. It was widely reported over here, that he was very close to a first team appearance in those games against Liverpool and Sunderland earlier in the season, until injury hit. 

Hopefully we take the opportunity to cash in and replace Williamson while his stock is probably at its peak.

Sounds harsh but I can foresee him becoming the the new Shola on here and the pitch if we keep him, where he will only go down hill. He is over achieving this season and is a great servant but the opportunity to upgrade is perfect.

That said we will probably end up giving him a new contract imo.

Tricky to judge if a player is better than a certain level if he's never had the chance to prove it,

agree with this, it's something we've been consistently shite at over the years...certain players can just adapt and step up when given the opportunity at the right time, we invariably let our kids rot too long in the reserves and when they don't turn into maldini after one game they're back to rotting away again until their contract runs out and they slide down the divisions

not saying good is gonna make it, just that we need to start giving these kids a proper chance

Hopefully we take the opportunity to cash in and replace Williamson while his stock is probably at its peak.

Sounds harsh but I can foresee him becoming the the new Shola on here and the pitch if we keep him, where he will only go down hill. He is over achieving this season and is a great servant but the opportunity to upgrade is perfect.

That said we will probably end up giving him a new contract imo.

I kind of agree. However I'm still more than happy to keep Mike as cover for the first team. No way he should be starting next year though.

We've signed someone.

@Kevin_Baboo

Everyone follow please my little man @stefan_broccoli He Just signed for the toon from Arsenal Welcome to him and good luck for the future

Apparently he's a talent but a bit green.

Guest Roger Kint

We've signed someone.

@Kevin_Baboo

Everyone follow please my little man @stefan_broccoli He Just signed for the toon from Arsenal Welcome to him and good luck for the future

Apparently he's a talent but a bit green.

:lol:

Was in one of the papers he was on trail. He left them last season didnt he? 'From Arsenal' is a bit missleading