NUFC transfer rumours in the press

Rich
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

http://www.thejournal.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/loic-remy-mathieu-debuchy-back-6994516

Meanwhile, sources in Italy claim Newcastle have an interest in Udinese midfielder Emmanuel Badu, who can also operate in defence. However, Liverpool are understood to be leading the chase, which also includes Napoli, for the 23-year-old Ghanian international.

Udinese value Badu, who has three goals this season, in the region of £7million.

Another defensive midfielder? We need goal scorers and creators!

I'd put a high priority on a defensive midfielder who's better than Tiote. His distribution is too slow, too conservative, and that's holding the team back.

That's why we have Anita.

Center forward (x2), attacking midfielder, central midfielder, winger, center back (x2), and probably fullback are far higher on the list of needs than DM.

http://www.thejournal.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/loic-remy-mathieu-debuchy-back-6994516

Meanwhile, sources in Italy claim Newcastle have an interest in Udinese midfielder Emmanuel Badu, who can also operate in defence. However, Liverpool are understood to be leading the chase, which also includes Napoli, for the 23-year-old Ghanian international.

Udinese value Badu, who has three goals this season, in the region of £7million.

He's fairly mobile and a lefty IIRC. Hoy him on the wing.

I'd put a high priority on a defensive midfielder who's better than Tiote. His distribution is too slow, too conservative, and that's holding the team back.

A high priority over someone who can create or score goals? We need goals to win games. Not scoring goals is holding the team back. Hardly anyone in our squad scores goals.

I said 'high priority' not 'higher priority'. We certainly need changes in the strikeforce, but we also need a better player than Tiote in that anchor position. No reason why we can't do both.

I don't think Anita is strong enough for that particular position, not for the Premiership anyway. He may well improve though with a better player than Tiote around him.

The anchorman does see a lot of the ball, and if they can't pass well that can really disrupt the fluency of a side, particularly on the counter attack. That's my reasoning.

Guest bimpy474

A high priority over someone who can create or score goals? We need goals to win games. Not scoring goals is holding the team back. Hardly anyone in our squad scores goals.

I said 'high priority' not 'higher priority'. We certainly need changes in the strikeforce, but we also need a better player than Tiote in that anchor position. No reason why we can't do both.

I don't think Anita is strong enough for that particular position, not for the Premiership anyway. He may well improve though with a better player than Tiote around him.

The anchorman does see a lot of the ball, and if they can't pass well that's can really disrupt the fluency of a side, particularly on the counter attack. That's my reasoning.

Quite right, but none of it means a thing while Pardew plays formations that cut out any kind of attacking impetus. So when you say counter attack, in our case that means counter.........meh.

Guest bimpy474

3 strikers are required in the summer, just the fucking 3.

Strikers ?, We've only ever spent money on Best, Xisco and Cisse in Ashley's entire time here, 3 in 7 years and you want 3 in one window  :yao:

Next season's squad is going to be as unbalanced as it's ever been. We'll either not sign/replace enough, or cherry-pick players that do us no good in a long-term system/philosophy, as if Pardew's got one.

He's fairly mobile and a lefty IIRC. Hoy him on the wing.

:lol:

My only positive looking toward next season is we'll actually need to actually sign someone so may well do, regardless if they're good or not. That home game against West Ham with no new players is easily the most depressing I've ever attended.

:lol: When Ashley fucks off, you should lock/retire any threads that have any relation to the fat fucking prick, and start new ones.  The unmitigated joy and hope that would fill the first few pages of threads like this would signal a real high for the forum.

:lol: Don't fuck with my spirit Mike, if I can't hope that fat knacker fucks off at some point then I'm snookered.

:lol: People talking about what things will be like when Ashley leaves sound like nutcases that talk about how much ass Jesus is gonna kick when he comes back.

Ashley will leave but his kid will inherit us.

:lol: Mike man, fuck off.  Can't deal with that sort of talk right now.

Ah well, at least I find it amusing seeing this depressing discussion occurring between http://www.newcastle-online.org/nufcforum/avs/avatar_4814_1397168678.png and http://www.newcastle-online.org/nufcforum/avs/avatar_9286_1397209859.png

:lol: I'm not sure I can remember them either tbh.  Mad how the big stars in wrestling in those days (them 2 and Hulk Hogan) dressed and acted like they were on pills.

:lol: Acted.

:anguish::anguish::anguish::anguish::anguish::anguish::anguish::anguish::anguish::anguish::anguish::anguish::anguish::anguish::anguish::anguish::anguish::anguish::anguish::anguish::anguish::anguish::anguish::anguish::anguish::anguish::anguish::anguish::anguish::anguish::anguish::anguish::anguish::anguish::anguish::anguish::anguish::anguish::anguish::anguish::anguish::anguish::anguish::anguish::anguish::anguish::anguish::anguish::anguish::anguish::anguish::anguish::anguish::anguish::anguish::anguish::anguish::anguish::anguish::anguish::anguish::anguish::anguish::anguish::anguish::anguish::anguish::anguish::anguish::anguish::anguish::anguish::anguish::anguish::anguish::anguish::anguish::anguish::anguish::anguish::anguish::anguish::anguish::anguish::anguish::anguish::anguish::anguish::anguish::anguish::anguish::anguish::anguish::anguish::anguish::anguish::anguish::anguish::anguish::anguish::anguish::anguish::anguish::anguish::anguish::anguish::anguish::anguish::anguish::anguish::anguish::anguish::anguish::anguish::anguish::anguish::anguish::anguish::anguish::anguish::anguish::anguish::anguish::anguish::anguish::anguish::anguish::anguish::anguish::anguish::anguish::anguish::anguish::anguish:

He's not a bad footballer. Obviously shouldn't start every game but he'd do a better job than the dross we've got on the bench.

:rolleyes: Whatever.

The guy hides every single week. I'd be seething if we picked up utter muck like him from that lot.