NUFC transfer rumours in the press

Rich
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

We should have replaced Cabaye with Sigs imo

Would be the perfect replacement.

- He can shoot and has an eye for a pass, is creative on the ball which we very obviously lack

- Gylfi is a lot more combative in midfield than most people perceive, works very hard off the ball

- Works best in a midfield three, maybe along with Anita and Tiote

- Can take a mean set piece. No one is even remotely able to strike a dead ball in this team

- He's young and has a lot to prove after a barren spell in Tottenham

- Shouldn't be very expensive, Spurs are packed with midfielders

Hope Spurs buy more midfielders this summer so we can get him on the cheap.

If he gets a good coach and actually listens to them then he's got a chance of making it. He was injured for a while but decidedly underwhelming this year both before and after injury. He's a proper homegrown too, which makes it slightly less likely that we'll sell him.

FWIW I don't think he's going to be good enough for our needs, and Levy will want serious money for him. I'd take it, too.

I'd be happy if we made a run at Holtby and Sigurdsson

Sigurdsson...sure. For a price. I'd be gutted if we let Holtby go.

I just want to know that we've got a decent coach for next year. LVG would have been nice, but he's prob been Moyesed out of it. De Boer is the current fave.

de Boer is arguably the better coach, anyway.

If he gets a good coach and actually listens to them then he's got a chance of making it. He was injured for a while but decidedly underwhelming this year both before and after injury. He's a proper homegrown too, which makes it slightly less likely that we'll sell him.

FWIW I don't think he's going to be good enough for our needs, and Levy will want serious money for him. I'd take it, too.

I just want to know that we've got a decent coach for next year. LVG would have been nice, but he's prob been Moyesed out of it. De Boer is the current fave.

How? Bloke has done zero outside of Holland and Van Gaal's resume speaks for itself.

How? Bloke has done zero outside of Holland and Van Gaal's resume speaks for itself.

Resumes are not even close to comparable, van Gaal wins hands-down. However, van Gaal isn't suited to big clubs. At a smaller club he can get away with being dictator, but at big clubs it has caused him to fall out with his players and chairmen. He's very rigid in his approach, he wants players to play in a very specific way and he replicates that from club to club. He's kind of old and stubborn. Still a great manager, but someone like de Boer who is younger, more open to ideas, and has built on top of the methods people like van Gaal have laid down means I'd pick him over LvG for any mid-term or long-term appointment.

We should be all over Van Dijk from Celtic. He's been f***ing brilliant all season.

hard to judge in a league full of poor strikers

True. He catches my eye for his attacking displays tbf :lol: hates defending

Hah :D, don't watch the SPL.  Still its nice to know that if I had an accident and started watching the Scottish Premier League as a consequence that the support would be out there for me :lol: