NUFC transfer rumours in the press

Rich
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Getting Shane Long for a much reduced fee (due to his contract expiring in the Summer) would seem to fit the way NUFC go about transfers under this regime. Shola isn't getting a new contract so he will need replacing. It is far from guaranteed that Remy will be here next season. Shola and Remy out with Long and Gomis in for low fees would meet the current NUFC transfer 'model'.

If we where to sign Long would we need Gomis? We would need someone capable of getting 20 goals but I don't think Gomis is that man.

We need the option of at least one big striker who can hold the ball up. Apart from Shola we haven't got any other strikers who can do that. As I understand it, Gomis has those sort of attributes. Obviously there are no guarantees we will get Gomis. If we don't get Gomis we need a striker similar to him. In theory it shouldn't be too difficult to replace Shola with someone better.

Long's not big but he's good at holding the ball up and challenging in the air. I like his all round game, link-up play, can play up top by himself.. not prolific but knows where the goal is..

However I feel Gouff has most of those attributes and could do it upfront. Would like us to sign an Ince type and try Gouff up top.

I rate Long.  A sort of poor man's Bellamy.

Yep.

More of a Gouffran with lesser work rate and better finishing. Long isn't creative like Bellamy.

He looks a decent enough player who will score the odd goal and if he's at the end of his contract there's probably a very good chance we'll sign him. Maybe we'll look to sell Cisse and he'll be a straight replacement.

Get French Football ‏@GFN_France 5m

Bafetimbi Gomis' agent: 'We are talking w/ several Premier League clubs at present who are willing to meet his' €2.5m a year salary.' #NUFC

Reply  Retweet  Favorite  More Expand

Guest DebuchyAndTheBeast

I won't deny that I wanted him last season but after watching him play a few matches I've come to the conclusion he's just another Shola with dreadlocks. Although he can put in a shift for a whole 90 minutes.

Guest DebuchyAndTheBeast

Diabate from Bordeaux in the Metro and Gomis mentioned again for the umpteenth time.

I mentioned him last week . Looks like he's on form at the moment so we may not get him on the cheap.

Guest DebuchyAndTheBeast

I won't deny that I wanted him last season but after watching him play a few matches I've come to the conclusion he's just another Shola with dreadlocks. Although he can put in a shift for a whole 90 minutes.

What? :lol:

Gomis?

What? :lol:

Gomis?

I understood who you were on about, just not what you're on about...

Gomis will be 29 by the start of next season, thought we had that age cap. Does it not count when they're French and out of contract?

Of course not.

2 out of 3 of the criteria filled when there is the overriding 6 month discount from what was offered in the summer will always be the one. See Debuchy for e.g.

God forbid we widen the worlds smallest transfer net.

At least he's a first rate chap though...

Two possible strikers available on an end of contract freebies. Ashley will be tearing his hair out at the prospect of losing out on one of them (there's no way he's paying two wages where one will do).

http://www.themag.co.uk/the-mag-articles/bafetimbi-gomis-agent-pushing-move/

The agent of Bafetimbi Gomis has spoken out ahead of the January transfer window.

Francesco Di Frisco has ruled out an Italian move for the French striker and instead has revealed (claimed?) that he is in discussions with a number of English clubs.

Gomis’ agent has also claimed that he believes the supposed value for money will make it easy for clubs such as Newcastle to afford him.

This is what Di Frisco has had to say;

“Lazio and Roma keen on him (Gomis)? I have recently talked to both Tare and Sabatini (Sporting Directors at the respective clubs) and they’ve told me Bafe isn’t amongst their main targets.

“Instead he is near to moving to the Premier League and we are talking to several clubs.

At a cost of two and a half million euros (around £2m) means he is very affordable to English clubs.

Of course if you were cynical you might be thinking that Gomis has been hawked around Italy with no joy and now his agent is casting his net around the Premier League because there will always be somebody prepared to snap up a deal for a striker whose contract is due to run out.

Will it appeal to king of the bargain hunters, Mike Ashley?

I read that to mean Gomis' January transfer fee would be £2m rather than his annual salary would be £2m.