NUFC transfer rumours in the press

Rich
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

"Its a massive transfer window and we aim to rebuild the squad" The King  :icon_king:

:tumbleweed:

When did he come out with that lie?

Said it a canny few times from the last few weeks of the season onwards iirc.

the quote is not 100% correct, but he said it many times towards the end of the season (as already mentioned above)

Yeah I can't see Pardew masterminding what we have left playing good enough and evev if we get a late flurry of players, if they don't have Premiership experience it could be too late until they start to click if at all.

Its looking like 15th spot is ambitious right now.

The build up to a new season is so depressing now. The old regime had its flaws, but at least they would put their money where their mouth is, signing players with decent pedigree and spending the kind of money to rival other clubs in the league. I don't expect us to go mental spending like we have in the past, but at least give us a reason to have some optimism for the near future ffs.

The build up to a new season is so depressing now. The old regime had its flaws, but at least they would put their money where their mouth is, signing players with decent pedigree and spending the kind of money to rival other clubs in the league. I don't expect us to go mental spending like we have in the past, but at least give us a reason to have some optimism for the near future ffs.

Pointless anyway. Good players get ruined here so there's very little point in signing them.

The build up to a new season is so depressing now. The old regime had its flaws, but at least they would put their money where their mouth is, signing players with decent pedigree and spending the kind of money to rival other clubs in the league. I don't expect us to go mental spending like we have in the past, but at least give us a reason to have some optimism for the near a future ffs.

Old regime would have broken us, which makes me surprised Ashley didn't wait just a little longer to get us on the cheap.

Pointless anyway. Good players get ruined here so there's very little point in signing them.

Or they do well, and we sell them. Why even bother  :okay:

It's ~2 weeks until the first pre-season game and we still haven't replaced Cabaye :lol:

I'd argue we have mate. He's not been replaced even remotely adequately but a cm has been signed who has a "major role to play".

Guest antz1uk

I see it like this, I actually love my club with so much passion and fervour. to the point sometimes it's been to my detriment, arguing their case when really i should have known better, being the eternal optimist, even when I've known there was nothing to hope for etc. However I am now at a point where I am actually not wanting us to sign anyone so that at least there may be the slimmest optimism that the fat one is beginning an exit strategy (or at least it meant we got rid of that fucking charlatan that thinks he's a decent manager), for which i would take relegation if it meant either of them going. I cannot no matter how I look at it get behind the current manager and regime, it would be going against everything i stand for with regard to the current state of affairs. what the hell is a man to do when the club you love so much is in such a fucking sad state of affairs.

I'd love us to sign players of the calibre of grenier, cabella et all but for what? for Pardew to fuck them up and us to then us be accused of signing poor foreigners who have not 'bottle' or 'british spirit' it's just shambles where not one person within the club has the best interests at heart or a fucking clue what the'yre doing.

I've never felt so disassociated with this club in my entire life, and by the magnitute of this club could be we should always aiming aiming to be in the top five in the country.

I see it like this, I actually love my club with so much passion and fervour. to the point sometimes it's been to my detriment, arguing their case when really i should have known better, being the eternal optimist, even when I've known there was nothing to hope for etc. However I am now at a point where I am actually not wanting us to sign anyone so that at least there may be the slimmest optimism that the fat one is beginning an exit strategy (or at least it meant we got rid of that fucking charlatan that thinks he's a decent manager), for which i would take relegation if it meant either of them going. I cannot no matter how I look at it get behind the current manager and regime, it would be going against everything i stand for with regard to the current state of affairs. what the hell is a man to do when the club you love so much is in such a fucking sad state of affairs.

I'd love us to sign players of the calibre of grenier, cabella et all but for what? for Pardew to fuck them up and us to then us be accused of signing poor foreigners who have not 'bottle' or 'british spirit' it's just shambles where not one person within the club has the best interests at heart or a fucking clue what the'yre doing.

I've never felt so disassociated with this club in my entire life, and by the magnitute of this club could be we should always aiming aiming to be in the top five in the country.

:clap: Very well said sir and tbh was going to post pretty much the same thing and i imagine the majority of us feel the same way

:clap: Very well said sir and tbh was going to post pretty much the same thing and i imagine the majority of us feel the same way

Aye. Top post.

Relegation isn't going to get rid of him, if it was it would have happened the last time. Even if it did do you think we would be attracting the sort of buyers who will put enough money in us to compete? If they had that money then they would have paid Ashley off years ago when he was actively selling the club.

Unlike the last time we don't have anyone of any real talent who would be able to get us back up like we did the last time, we would be facing years at the least in order to get back up.

Those who would take us being relegated in order for Ashley to go are deluded by thinking Ashley would be botherd by relegation and forgetting the fact that it would hurt us more emotionally by actually destroying the club far more than staying with Ashley in the faint hope that someone will buy us whilst we are a Premiership club.