NUFC transfer rumours in the press

Rich
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Concha is a pretty decent prospect. He's small even for Spanish standards though.

Also, from the article:

Concha was a January target for Newcastle – with talk of him being loaned back for the rest of the campaign – and they have shown many times they are nothing if not persistent when it comes to landing the personnel they want.

Taking the piss, I guess.

Aye, like that time when we wanted Loic Remy but he went to QPR so we bought no one and struggled. But at least we got him back on loan!

Or that time when we wanted Debuchy but didn't want to pay for him so we bought no one and struggled. But at least we got him in when we looked like we might be relegated!

Persistence is the name of the game. Certainly preferable to moving on to other targets or indeed having other targets.

Opening myself up for derision but anyway  :lol:

Just got back from a holiday in Sicily. At Palermo airport there was a bloke sitting near me talking fairly loudly on his mobile. My knowledge of Italian is sketchy to say the least especially when it is spoken at breakneck speed. However the words "St James Park" and "Newcastle" were mentioned frequently. He caught a plane to Stansted. I would say he was probably in his 40s . I have tried a few internet searches to see if I can find a picture of anyone connected with Palermo FC who looks like him but I haven't really got much to go on tbh  :lol: Maybe an agent or perhaps we are having a pre season friendly against Palermo? Or possibly I found myself in the presence of Newcastle's one die hard fan who is based in Palermo.....

Just got back from a holiday in Sicily. At Palermo airport there was a bloke sitting near me talking fairly loudly on his mobile. My knowledge of Italian is sketchy to say the least especially when it is spoken at breakneck speed. However the words "St James Park" and "Newcastle" were mentioned frequently. He caught a plane to Stansted. I would say he was probably in his 40s . I have tried a few internet searches to see if I can find a picture of anyone connected with Palermo FC who looks like him but I haven't really got much to go on tbh  :lol: Maybe an agent or perhaps we are having a pre season friendly against Palermo? Or possibly I found myself in the presence of Newcastle's one die hard fan who is based in Palermo.....

Yup, probably just met the Palermo oldtype.

:thup: I certainly met the Majorca oldtype in a bar a few years back. He was born and bred on the island but Toon mad and proudly wearing the black and white with "Josep 9" on the back.

:thup: I certainly met the Majorca oldtype in a bar a few years back. He was born and bred on the island but Toon mad and proudly wearing the black and white with "Josep 9" on the back.

There are crazy people everywhere

In relation to this, we saw a guy driving away from St James' after the match on Sunday in a full Deutsche Fussball-Bund tracksuit. I assume it was Jurgen Klopp's agent/representative. Or Thomas Mueller's. Either will do.

Apparently we've shat ourselves because Mitrovic wanted £69,000 a week.

Ambition.

Given that's he probably making less than 10% of that currently I can see why.

Ambition.

Rather cheeky request from a 20 year old from the Belgian league tbf.

That's probably around what we're paying Cisse I would imagine!

Ambition.

I would hope that's more than we're paying Cisse

Ambition.

of course it's not when you're going to the richest league in the world - wages tend to align with transfer fees, if he's going for 15m or whatever then those wages seem about right to me tbh

for once though I could see how the club would be wary of agreeing it given how badly de jong adapted for example...but this is why we need football people running the fucking club not moneymen