NUFC transfer rumours in the press

Rich
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

If true, why has Graham Carr fallen for this? Putting it politely, Dost's not very good.

Let's be honest even if Carr doesn't rate him, it doesn't make a blind bit of difference to whether we buy him or not.

For sure. If given the choice between Austin for £15mil or Dost for £9mil, who do you think Charnley would go for? You're absolutely right, the answer is Kenwyne Jones for £3mil.

:lol:

If true, why has Graham Carr fallen for this? Putting it politely, Dost's not very good.

Let's be honest even if Carr doesn't rate him, it doesn't make a blind bit of difference to whether we buy him or not.

For sure. If given the choice between Austin for £15mil or Dost for £9mil, who do you think Charnley would go for? You're absolutely right, the answer is Kenwyne Jones for £3mil.

I for one welcome our new Caribbean overlord.

Dutch players make sense for several reasons but was hoping we would get players closer to Van Dijk and Wijnaldum. Don't know much about Dost but he doesn't sound very exciting. Still cheaper than Austin and Berahino and that's the most important thing after all.

Quick wiki of his stats he's been roughly 1 in 2 games over his career.  38 goals in 39 games for Herenveen in 2011-2012?  :lol:

Or is he Peter Crouch?

The Eredivisie is a very strange league when it comes to goals. You basically have to take the statistics with a quarry load of salt.

Afonso Alves had a much better record than Ronaldo, Luis Suarez and Ruud van Nistelrooy.

Quick wiki of his stats he's been roughly 1 in 2 games over his career.  38 goals in 39 games for Herenveen in 2011-2012?  :lol:

Or is he Peter Crouch?

Again, his goal record was very deceptive last season, he looked like an absolute cart horse for large spells.

Or is he Peter Crouch?

The Eredivisie is a very strange league when it comes to goals. You basically have to take the statistics with a quarry load of salt.

Afonso Alves had a much better record than Ronaldo, Luis Suarez and Ruud van Nistelrooy.

Can only assume the nets in Heerenveen have magnets in or some shit the amount of lunatic scorers they go through.

Dutch Crouch. Awkward and sluggish.

I don't know Dost, but Crouch would be a useful option to have. He's done us a couple of times.

I wouldn't like to see us build a team around a player like that, but realistically they do have their uses.

Really wary about Dost, he's been pretty dire apart from a ridiculous purple patch for Wolfsburg at the start of the year. Most of his goals seem to thrive off good service into the box from De Bruyne/Perisic/Rodriguez and I can't see him getting anywhere near that quality here. Hope I'm wrong but I wouldn't be surprised if he turned out to be another Riviere.

I'd be delighted with two of Austin/Berahino/Mitrovic.

Moncur spouting out shit about using the money wisely and get the right players in :lol: Fuck off! I do agree that we have to get the right players in, but the only reason it's so fucking hard for us to get the right players in is because we're going for second rate players all the time instead of paying up for quality players that almost 100% certainly will be good and the "right" players for us. Paying less is often more of a gamble and obviously makes it harder to get the right ones in. Pay up ffs!