NUFC transfer rumours in the press

Rich
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Guest chopey

Why would Carroll leave the security of genuine full time contract to come here on pay as you play ?

The Express article on this suggests the "pay as you play" aspect refers to the transfer fee:

http://www.express.co.uk/sport/football/584258/Steve-McClaren-eyes-Andy-Carroll-for-Newcastle-return

makes sense, it's almost as though our football board is just a sham and Ashley is actually making the real decisions where money is concerned

That would make sense TBF. Carroll worth alot of money if you can keep him fit but like all players, if he is not fit he's worth nothing.

If he played 40 odd games in two seasons, I'd be more than happy to pay the fee. His record suggests he's not capable of it.

Guest antz1uk

These papers man, it's all about the clicks for advertising revenue. You wanna buy some advertising space? Of course we've got some stats on unique visitors on our digital platform.

All just make believe to drive more traffic.

These papers man, it's all about the clicks for advertising revenue. You wanna buy some advertising space? Of course we've got some stats on unique visitors on our digital platform.

Aye, it's the modern day version of the bullshit stories you got on club call in the 90s, had to stay on the phone for 10 mins at 60p a min before got to the actual story

Guest antz1uk

My mam used to go light, although managed to blame a few premium lines on club call over my early adolescent years  :lol:

Aye, it's the modern day version of the bullshit stories you got on club call in the 90s, had to stay on the phone for 10 mins at 60p a min before got to the actual story

Lol used to nervously wait for the ITV teletext to go to the clubcall page to see what was written against NUFC

Guest chopey

when Andy Cole left for man utd club call got me grounded for a week after I rang it to be told after about 30 mins that we were after le tissier

My mam used to go light, although managed to blame a few premium lines on club call over my early adolescent years  :lol:

I had a major addiction problem to that. Pre-internet days there was only Clubcall and papers such as The Pink to rely on.

7 quality players and i'd say we're ambitious (for now). And by that i don't mean backup players. Anything less than that is like plugging holes temporarily. We wont sign that many players, never mind quality ones, i know that. There's never gonna be any real ambition no matter what, and it fucking stinks! Not sure why i'm posting this at all :lol: Just bored and frustrated i guess.

Fully fit Siem would be brilliant - when he was fit for 1 game earlier on last season, everything he did was 1 or 2 touch and it was positive and quick. Love it when players like him know what to do with the ball and when. Hope he becomes our Club Captain as well.

Thanks dude :thup: I always seem to think he was a winger/wide forward. He's not really a main striker though right? He needs to be playing off someone?

Played upfront alone for WBA a fair bit before Pulis IIRC. He's obviously quite slight though so you'd have to be relying on balls to feet/down the channels. Scored most his goals when he'd played up top.

Young enough to be moulded in to whatever you wanted probably but if you were playing him wide IMO you'd be wasting him, he's usually very quick to get a shot off for better or worse.

I mean that he has played out wide a lot before. Lately as far as i know he has been playing centrally :) i'm not sure but i think he's played more as an attacking CM. Unbelievable?

Not sure we can attract him..

You're spot on.

PSV: for ages have been the Porto of Dutch football. Hardline negotiators who demand big fees for their gems. As they should.

Mike Ashley's SDFC: Demands a discounted rate.

This has sod all chance of coming off.