NUFC transfer rumours in the press

Rich
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Guest Roger Kint

Sick now me like. I'm just going to spend my £600 on a season ticket, stick my head in the sand for 6 weeks and just turn up against Southampton and see who's playing.

Frightening how many on twitter/Facebook who are actively sticking up for the club and saying we need to judge them on 1 Sept. Its almost as though last season and their promises never even happened :anguish:

Meanwhile we are going to take the next week concentrating on the backroom staff, thank God Charnleys well qualified to do both jobs at the same time.

Steve McClaren appointed as head coach and Bas Dost our first signing. Yeah, we'll definitely be heading places... :spit:

Completely agree, fat head comes out spouting absolute garbage about qualifying for the Champions League and if anyone was in any kind of doubt he was talking out of his hind quaters he backs it up by appointing a manger fresh from being peddled from a Championship club and potentially signing a striker that plays like it's the first time he's seen s football for three quaters of the season. Nice one Mike, I bet Arsenal are shiteing themselves!

Steve McClaren appointed as head coach and Bas Dost our first signing. Yeah, we'll definitely be heading places... :spit:

Completely agree, fat head comes out spouting absolute garbage about qualifying for the Champions League and if anyone was in any kind of doubt he was talking out of his hind quaters he backs it up by appointing a manger fresh from being peddled from a Championship club and potentially signing a striker that plays like it's the first time he's seen s football for three quaters of the season. Nice one Mike, I bet Arsenal are shiteing themselves!

I don't quite think that his sacking at Derby gives anybody the right to write off his entire career.

As for the part regarding Dost :lol: how on Earth can anybody write off a player that hasn't even put his toe inside our stadium yet? Perez must have been a disgraceful signing too, as he was signed from a 2nd division Spanish team?

I don't quite think that his sacking at Derby gives anybody the right to write off his entire career.

As for the part regarding Dost :lol: how on Earth can anybody write off a player that hasn't even put his toe inside our stadium yet? Perez must have been a disgraceful signing too, as he was signed from a 2nd division Spanish team?

By watching him play football.

By watching him play football.

So you have regularly watched him play for Wolfsburg? Not highlights on a YouTube video, the full 90 minute game to understand his play?

I'm sure I could create a clip of Ronaldo looking shit, doesn't mean nothing.

Give the fucking bloke a chance for crying out loud, Leicester signed Vardy from Fleetwood - he now has an England cap. Utterly embarrassing from Leicester, unreal, how dare they sign a player of such poor quality.

I have seen him enough to know what we would be getting, nothing exciting about signing him at all but tbf you could say that about every link going.

You didn't answer my question - how many Wolfsburg fixtures did you watch last season to gain such an expert judgement on him?

The bloke started 28 games last season (across league, cup and international), scored 20 goals and got 7 assists.

Terrified of the ball he is, absolutely terrified.

Give it up man. There are at least four people (Felipao, The Prophet, Mole and me) on here who claim they have seen plenty of him (more than you no doubt) who think he has hit a purple patch and is a pretty average player, almost certainly not good enough for the top end of the Premier League, which is where we apparently aim to compete and not worth what we would likely have to pay with his stock being as high as it is ever going to be. I am yet to see anybody say they have seen him play loads and suggest the opposite. Your blind hope argument doesn't really carry much weight I'm afraid.

I can't believe so many people are kicking off about a player we're probably not going to sign, as our record for signing people for actual fees when they don't have release clauses is horrendous.

I like how the argument is supplement by completely irrelevant and intangible points.

This player you have seen is rubbish, I bet you didn't say that about a player you didn't see some other time.

Give it up man. There are at least four people (Felipao, The Prophet, Mole and me) on here who claim they have seen plenty of him (more than you no doubt) who think he has hit a purple patch and is a pretty average player, almost certainly not good enough for the top end of the Premier League, which is where we apparently aim to compete and not worth what we would likely have to pay with his stock being as high as it is ever going to be. I am yet to see anybody say they have seen him play loads and suggest the opposite. Your blind hope argument doesn't really carry much weight I'm afraid.

He scored over 40 goals in 60 appearances with Heerenveen over two seasons.

20 in 28 appearances with Wolfsburg.

Three seasons of absolute luck! What a complete terrible player he must be!

I'm not claiming to know anything about this guy, but he has a decent goal record by all accounts both at Heerenveen, and Wolfsburg, he may not be the greatest player, but we need options, so someone who has his record shouldn't be sniffed at.

I find it funny how someone who what's to be positive and and look forward on a potential signing gets shot down, rather then have the mind numbing tedious outlook of being negative at every freaking aspect of the club.

Bas Dost is one of those players who'd score goals with good players around him putting them on a plate. Hard not to feel he'd be a waste of a shirt most of the time in our team though.

I have seen him enough to know what we would be getting, nothing exciting about signing him at all but tbf you could say that about every link going.

You didn't answer my question - how many Wolfsburg fixtures did you watch last season to gain such an expert judgement on him?

The bloke started 28 games last season (across league, cup and international), scored 20 goals and got 7 assists.

Terrified of the ball he is, absolutely terrified.

Fine.

He's a penalty box striker with good general instincts but needs to be force fed. In other words his ability on the ball isn't very good at all and seeing as we don't really create much it would be De Jong mk2 ( the crap one) except i agree with Unbelievable, De Jong is a better player.