NUFC transfer rumours in the press

Rich
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

I used to think ineptitude was a major factor in our dealings but now I think it's a lot more calculated.

January 2013 proved these wankers can get it done if they really want it to happen. The fact we're dragging our heels means it's either done for financial reasons as the article states or there is an unwillingness to invest. Or both.

I used to think ineptitude was a major factor in our dealings but now I think it's a lot more calculated.

Think it is more likely to be the opposite.

That they calculated being s***?

Probably. Or that they are just shit at doing transfer dealings due to hiring incompetent lackeys. Being as tight as a duck's arse to quote JFK doesn't help either.

January 2013 proved these wankers can get it done if they really want it to happen. The fact we're dragging our heels means it's either done for financial reasons as the article states or there is an unwillingness to invest. Or both.

Absolutely. The fact they've not announced much backroom staff stuff either and the players come beck next week suggests to me they'll go for a run of good pr including signings conveniently falling into next year's financial results.

January 2013 proved these w*****s can get it done if they really want it to happen. The fact we're dragging our heels means it's either done for financial reasons as the article states or there is an unwillingness to invest. Or both.

Absolutely. The fact they've not announced much backroom staff stuff either and the players come beck next week suggests to me they'll go for a run of good pr including signings conveniently falling into next year's financial results.

Didn't Ashley got involved in that transfer window.  I think when he engages, things get done quickly.  Charnley strikes me as being terrified of making a mistake hence the constant monitoring.  There is rarely any decisive action with regards to anything at the club unless Ashley gets involved.

mrmojorisin75 is spot on. Sports Direct United has developed several creative ways to pretty-up the balance sheets. Keeps transfer expenditure at a minimal level.

No spending (transfer fees & adding new wages) prior to July 1st. Top targets are snapped up early, often, prior to this date. Clubs are active earlier now.

Always paying transfer fees in full, but will accept installments for outgoings. For a club with a sell to buy policy this policy reduces our incoming cashflow, and consequently our spending power.

Factoring wages (1st year of a contract or more?) into the total cost of a potential deal. Once again our equation, in how we do business, places limitations on what we bid.

..... and course there's Ashley/The Thumb's old favourite, as revealed at Keegan's tribunal. Deliberately sabotaging deals with offensive underbidding.

There's a degree of calculating in how we operate, by these pricks have no place in the business of football. Feigned incompetence?

I don't/can't know how much of a factor it is, but deciding on signings by committee must slow the process down, too.

Doesn't seem to stop Liverpool albeit their signings are by and large horrendous.

Guest chopey

I've just done my morning scour through the internet for news of potential signings and it makes very grim reading

I don't/can't know how much of a factor it is, but deciding on signings by committee must slow the process down, too.

Doesn't seem to stop Liverpool albeit their signings are by and large horrendous.

Every signing at the top level probably involves the input of 5-10 people anyway.

Every signing at the top level probably involves the input of 5-10 people anyway.

We don't have 5-10 people so that would explain why we never sign anyone.