NUFC transfer rumours in the press

Rich
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

I prefer Dummett as a centre back, don't think he has the pace or athleticism to play LB like Haidara does.

Ideally for the new season I would want 2 new CB's, Lascelles third choice and Dummett fourth choice (flogging Colo, Taylor and Williamson) but there's no way that'll happen now. If it was to be the case, I'd want the 2 new CB's in now working on a partnership instead of chucking them both in for the Southampton game  :lol: Think it'll end up being Colo and a new CB as first choice with Dummett and Haidara rotating the left back role.

The minor saving grace is that CBs don't actually have be brilliant if your team is functioning well and the midfield is in the game. We've suffered from this many times over the years, actually OK defenders looking worse than shite because of other factors.

Not saying I don't want better defenders, but something like Colo/Lascelles might not be a major liability if the players in front are well coached and on form.

Guest neesy111

Agree Ian.  Someone was saying out 11/12 defence is the best we've had for the last 12-13 years it wasn't, it was just because we had an effective midfield that shielded a lot of pressure from them.

Don't know why people are so desperate to move Williamson on. We're desperately short at the back and I'd get shot of Taylor before Mike any day of the week. He's a very limited defender, but until we sign an improvement he needs to stay.

Plus I don't think think he's as horrific as some make out.

He absolutely is as horrific as people make out.

Asking a lot to rely on a youngster as of yet, certainly one not proven in the championship. Williamson for me isn't even solid cover, we'll get an injury, he'll come in and do his usual decent headed clearances while being directly responsible for a few goals via moments of slowness or stumbling over the ball. It should be Colo/Saylor and some new lad.

Going off Steve Mc comments about us targeting champions league quality players in the higher price bracket, I think our main CB target is still that Monaco lad Abdennour.

Who has less interest than both Matip and Mitrovic in coming here.

Going off Steve Mc comments about us targeting champions league quality players in the higher price bracket, I think our main CB target is still that Monaco lad Abdennour.

Who has less interest than both Matip and Mitrovic in coming here.

There has been no actual quotes from him or his agent though has there?

As with Mitrovic only the club themselves no exactly what is going on. Based on the a Wijnaldum signing, I'm more confident now that we wouldn't be in for these players and making serious bids unless we know they are interested.

Don't know why people are so desperate to move Williamson on. We're desperately short at the back and I'd get shot of Taylor before Mike any day of the week. He's a very limited defender, but until we sign an improvement he needs to stay.

He's just bog standard. Ladt season his obvious lack of pace was horribly exposed by the car crash next to him and our inability to keep the ball for more than thirty seconds. He took a lot of flack for Colo.

Don't get me wrong he needs to be replaced, but given our lack of numbers I wouldn't be as keen to get rid as some.

Bullshit.

He's even worse.

Guest antz1uk

I do find it funny how much Janmaat hates playing with Williamson.

jas there been some quotes regarding this?

Taylor is the one who's not "as horrific as people make out". He's clearly a lot better than Williamson imo.

Guest antz1uk

Taylor is a fucking clown. wish villa or someone would take him off our hands, an absolute embarassment of a player and a person