NUFC transfer rumours in the press

Rich
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

de jong, cabella and gomis in, shola, obertan and marv out would be the f***ing tits. I'd give it a 5% chance of happening..

Would rather get De Jong and Cabella in not bother with Gomis and find some winger who isn't s***.

Both are not happening mind.

de Jong, Cabella, and Ba. Wank silly. 0% chance of happening.

Guest chopey

anyone else just totally uninterested in any rumours about us?

Me cos its all just bluster, in the times we have signed anyone we have always kept our cards close to our chest and the first you here about it is when they sign

Me cos its all just bluster, in the times we have signed anyone we have always kept our cards close to our chest and the first you here about it is when they sign

Well, apart from the drawn out ones like Debuchy, and M'Biwa I suppose, we were supposedly interested in him for a while.

Why do people still say this? :lol:

Guest chopey

Why do people still say this? :lol:

I think its from the playing card game poker, it means "not to tell others what you are intending to do"

After reading the minutes and the statement that they feel the squad is strong enough ... yeah. Just don't want to be bothered with hoping.

After reading the minutes and the statement that they feel the squad is strong enough ... yeah. Just don't want to be bothered with hoping.

During previous transfer windows my F5 button gets mashed to bits due to my desire for info. This time round I couldn't care less. If we were in the bottom five I think we'd bring Gomis in, but we're not so I can't see anything happening.

And the thought of shelling out £14m on a midfielder is frankly laughable.

I have low expectations regarding us bringing players in but I think NUFC simply HAVE to get a striker in this transfer window (or at least sorted on a pre-contract so they sign in the Summer). As it stands Shola and Remy leave at the end of the season. Cisse would be our only senior striker.

Guest chopey

Ashley only looks at Newcastle as a business and is under no pressure at all to make any signings.

We are 8th in the league

The current first team squad has 3 Gk, 10 Def, 10 Mid, 4 Att.

We don't need to pay a premium for players now when we can get our targets cheaper in the summer.

50000 fans still turn up every week to support a team with no hope or ambition of winning anything.

The present Newcastle manager is a doormat and will do anything the Chairman or DOF tells him.

Ashley only looks at Newcastle as a business and is under no pressure at all to make any signings.

We are 8th in the league

We don't need to pay a premium for players now when we can get our targets cheaper in the summer.

50000 fans still turn up every week to support a team with no hope or ambition of winning anything.

The present Newcastle manager is a doormat and will do anything the Chairman or DOF tells him.

Concise. True.

We are 8th in the league

Concise. True.

it is but for some reason this post has tipped the scales with me, i'm so fucking sick of hearing this particular tale of woe

We are 8th in the league

Concise. True.

it is but for some reason this post has tipped the scales with me, i'm so f***ing sick of hearing this particular tale of woe

Agreed, but that's what the truth does sometimes. Time is rapidly running out for people of my generation to see us win something, it already has for the person whose funeral i will be attending tomorrow afternoon. Forgive me for being a bit of an old cynic.