NUFC transfer rumours in the press

Rich
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

JFK said to judge him on transfers when he came. No doubt Remy will be off in the summer so my summation is you have done a shit job JFK. It is surprising he gets paid with Ashley being such as tightarse.

yeah but look how much he's saving Ashley from not buying players while Llambias had the audacity to spend money last january!

JFK said to judge him on transfers when he came. No doubt Remy will be off in the summer so my summation is you have done a s*** job JFK. It is surprising he gets paid with Ashley being such as tightarse.

yeah but look how much he's saving Ashley from not buying players while Llambias had the audacity to spend money last january!

Fair point.

just posting tonight to say people who still have christmas themed avatars are utterly ruining my forum-going experience lately. Xmas has passed, it's time to move on FFS!! Cajun and Roger, have a word with yasels

"I see a good player and know a good player. I have no other agenda. If I see players at the club right now and don't think they are good enough I intend to move them on."

"I'm there solely to make sure he gets the best possible team on the pitch."....... JFK quotes......... 16th June 2013

I think he meant "make sure he gets the same team on the pitch"

Guest Roger Kint

just posting tonight to say people who still have christmas themed avatars are utterly ruining my forum-going experience lately. Xmas has passed, it's time to move on FFS!! Cajun and Roger, have a word with yasels

:okay:

http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/news/alvaro-negredo-new-alan-shearer-3008839

Pardew has confirmed he is very keen to sign a new player in January, and has warned if they don't there will be a major rebuilding job requiring "two or three" good buys in the summer.

He says any deal must be "financially right" for the board, but that the club has to keep progressing especially when in a position of strength now with their top half league position.

Pardew added: "I think our group is a good one and we have proved that. But you want to improve. I want my team to improve. Therefore, I think there has to be transfer activity at some stage.

"I would not want it to go to the summer but if that is the case, then for sure, we have some work to do in the summer because we would have to look at two or three players I should think.

"But we have got ourselves a good base and that is important. We don't have to be really kind of forceful with what we are doing because we are not in a position of negativity like last year, like one or two clubs are finding themselves in now. Having said that, I still want to bring a player in."

Two or three would have us exactly where we are if you figure Jonas, Marv and Obertan leave. Maybe worse off if Colo and Saylor drop out.

But Ryan Taylor is coming back, and maybe Sammy is ready?

Senior first-team squad.

Krul, Elliot

Debuchy, R.Taylor

Santon, Haidara

Coloccini, Mbiwa, Williamson, S.Taylor

Jonas, Obertan, Ben Arfa, Marveaux

Cabaye, Tiote, Sissoko, Anita

Cisse, Ameobi, Gouffran

So you can see why, in terms of numbers it's "2 or 3" we need. Plus replacing whoever leaves.

Senior first-team squad.

Krul, Elliot

Debuchy, R.Taylor

Santon, Haidara

Coloccini, Mbiwa, Williamson, S.Taylor

Jonas, Obertan, Ben Arfa, Marveaux

Cabaye, Tiote, Sissoko, Anita

Cisse, Ameobi, Gouffran

So you can see why, in terms of numbers it's "2 or 3" we need. Plus replacing whoever leaves.

The players I feel like we'll lose over the next year/3 windows. Saylor and Elliot are just gut feelings.

That doesn't include people like Alnwick, Tavernier, Good, Bigirimana, Vuckic, Sammy Ameobi & Campbell who are beneath that list too. I know in terms of game time they're inexperienced, but age wise at least, they're at the stage now they should be pushing for at least a place on the bench.

Quotes from a former link, William Vainqueur.

http://www.voetbalkrant.com/nl/nieuws/lees/2014-01-09/vainqueur-droomt-van-premier-league-newcastle-zou-leuk-zijn

Running it through Google Translate, he mentions how he wants to play big games week-in, week-out in the Premier League, and looks like he talks about us and all our French players as an option for him.

Guest Haris Vuckic

Jonas, Marv and Shitebulb need shifting. Sammy on loan. Then we have room for some wingers/creative players which we need along with another striker.

Shitebulb :lol:

http://www.voetbalkrant.com/nl/nieuws/lees/2014-01-09/vainqueur-droomt-van-premier-league-newcastle-zou-leuk-zijn

Running it through Google Translate, he mentions how he wants to play big games week-in, week-out in the Premier League, and looks like he talks about us and all our French players as an option for him.

13 league matches, 7 yellows and 2 send-offs this season. Fwiw.

From where we stand right now without selling anyone major we need 4 for my money to really improve and get ourselves in the 2nd group behind Arsenal, City and Chelsea.....

But then there's the obvious question mark whether Pardew could get the most from any new signings.... most would say overwhelmingly say no i'd guess.

13 league matches, 7 yellows and 2 send-offs this season. Fwiw.

From his wikipedia page

"During a league game against Lierse on 1 December 2013, Vainqueur was sent off in bizarre fashion after kicking an opponent in the face with a donkey kick"

I've never heard of a donkey kick in all of my days  :lol: