NUFC transfer rumours in the press

Rich
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Signing a quality LB would improve Sissoko's game. Guaranteed imo :thup:

Doesn't Sissoko play right wing? Or am I missing something?

My point is that we don’t have an attacking LB with offensive qualities, one that can provide width on the left hand side making forward runs overlapping Wijnaldum and also giving us more bodies in attack. Also, we almost never start our attacks through our LB as Janmaat is the much better option to do it through. This makes it too easy for the opposition to read and then press our right hand side with numbers. When Janmaat and Sissoko get the ball they get too easily out crowded and run in to walls most times.  Attacking isn’t just about moving the ball forward, but also moving the ball quickly from one side of the pitch to the other one to get the opposition out of shape and not being able to move over quickly enough to press the other side where the ball is going, diagonally preferably to win ground forward as well. If we could move the ball well enough on both sides, and also being able to move it from one to another very quickly then Sissoko and Janmaat would have a lot more space.

As it is now we do manage to get the ball out to the left at times, but mostly it goes too slow and more often than not there’s only Wijnaldum out there also being crowded out. Not having the advantage of a ball playing and quick attacking LB to play with, or give width by overlapping.

When Gini plays it to Dummett  it more often than not ends up going back to the CB’s. You need balance and fluidity in your game to create space on each side. It wont work with Dummett. Better CM’s would help as well.

Our play is nearly exclusively created and driven on the right side unless Wijnaldum or Perez are out wide left doing something with it. We actually were some-what more balanced when Aarons or Haidara was out there. Wijnladum tucks in so much the left side is nothing. Signing a proper LB who gets up the pitch (King Jetro) would enable us to have even attack, and Jetro's literally the most attacking chance creation full back in the Dutch league total from the past like 5 years, and he's created some 40-50 more chances than Janmaat did :lol:

Anyway, I agree with Ikon, we're all right side and we absolutely need to even the left side out or attempt to grab a LB who can cross the ball and attack.

Sissoko is crap, I don't want a part time player in a nufc shirt.

We don't have any full time players that are excellent for 90 minutes. Sissoko in terms of impact on our team is in our top three or four players

Do you have an alarm that goes off, every time Sissoko is criticised?  :lol:

Agree with a lot that you say about him, mind.  He certainly isn't crap.  Just wildly inconsistent, for a number of reasons.

Aye, I actually don't think he's a brilliant player or anything but I just think people are quicker to criticise him than others. For example at the weekend he didn't play great for large periods but created two great chances we should have scored yet he gets more abuse than Wijnaldum and De Jong who didn't create many or any chances

If we need to free up squad numbers then we should let some of the players on expiring contracts leave on a free in January (assuming their replacements are confirmed).  We'll not get any money for them anyway and right now they're just taking up space we could use for other things.

That's assuming we have any intention of buying in January which I very much doubt.

If we need to free up squad numbers then we should let some of the players on expiring contracts leave on a free in January (assuming their replacements are confirmed).  We'll not get any money for them anyway and right now they're just taking up space we could use for other things.

That's assuming we have any intention of buying in January which I very much doubt.

that only works if someone is willing to take them on equivalent wages to what we're paying or we pay off the remainder of their contracts :yao:

Guest Roger Kint

that only works if someone is willing to take them on equivalent wages to what we're paying or we pay off the remainder of their contracts :yao:

The likes of Williamson/Obertan on £30k or less would be quite cheap to pay off really. Imagine both would happily take around £200k to fuck off for the final 6 months of their deals. Especially as both will have teams in the Championship willing to pay them the difference. Sadly in Ashleys world thats still money spent and not money saved :lol:

Guest Roger Kint

Byram is exactly the type of young player we claim to be in for. Like Deli Alli i expect we will monitor the shit out of him until someone like Southampton sign him for £4m and watch him flourish

Couple of places mentioning LOic Remy on loan from Jan. He would provide some decent fret up front????

Not going to happen, I think the club cut all chances of him coming to us when he left for Chelsea. Two times he's turned us down with a good spell at us in between to show him what he could achieve with us.

Quite liked the look of Sam Byron of Leeds yesterday

Seems he can play 2/3 positions but wouldn't mind seeing him compete for RB/RW role

I'd take Raphael Guerriero on the other side too

Fairly sure Byram's contract is up in the summer. Reckon a few teams will be in for him in January if it is.