NUFC transfer rumours in the press

Rich
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

One new first teamer this window does little to guarantee we've got the required talent to pull out of this.

:thup: there's 3-4 players who an injury to could potentially ruin us full stop. We've had a lot of injuries but luckily none of them have been Sissoko or Wijnaldum. Mitrovic goes down and we're back to Cisse leading the line (or Riviere  :blackeye:), we're taking a huge risk (like usual).

It's one article, none of us have a clue what's going on  :lol:

Yeah but the point is still true, we need to sign at least another 2 imo (striker and a LB), anything less and we're taking a huge gamble. Not saying we wont do that, although I wouldn't be surprised.

One new first teamer this window does little to guarantee we've got the required talent to pull out of this.

:thup: there's 3-4 players who an injury to could potentially ruin us full stop. We've had a lot of injuries but luckily none of them have been Sissoko or Wijnaldum. Mitrovic goes down and we're back to Cisse leading the line (or Riviere  :blackeye:), we're taking a huge risk (like usual).

It's one article, none of us have a clue what's going on  :lol:

Yeah but the point is still true, we need to sign at least another 2 imo (striker and a LB), anything less and we're taking a huge gamble. Not saying we wont do that, although I wouldn't be surprised.

there's no way we're signing a left back this window. We simply have to sign a centre forward, pretty sure we will.

:lol: one minute the papers report we're ready to smash the transfer record, the next we may just call it quits on the window :lol:

And then someone else says one of those deals may be done. No one knows what's true, including the reporters getting "info."

I assume when you 'walk away' you're last offer is effectively still on the table until an alternate player is signed.

Would not be surprised if we still get Townsend but that Berahino was never going to happen regardless. It'd be an atrocious move for all involved bar NUFC.

Skysports reporting that a deal for Townsend is back on and edging closer.

All very tiresome for someone that we dont really need.

To be fair, we definitely need a winger. Only width we have is Janmaat.

We do have Aarons and Thauvin that we should be using though. I'd have more confidence in them 2 starting over Townsend.

I quite like Townsend but Spurs have got a fucking cheek playing for big money. Not good enough for their 18 but worthy of a £14m price tag?

I get Daniel Levy driving a hard bargain for a world class player like Bale or Modric, but this is fucking Andros Townsend :lol:

Wonder who "Plan B" is?

Don't need a plan b. Plan A is going swimmingly. Stretch out vague interest in a couple of players, make derisory bid, bid rejected, window closes, say we tried.

Can only think it's Remy but things are drifting at the moment. Don't think we're done yet though.