NUFC transfer rumours in the press

Rich
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Wouldn't mind Gibbs here at all, a big upgrade on all our options at left back and obviously we are desperate anyway.

Regarding Berahino, I'm not sure he would be the answer to our problems anyway. Apart from a purple patch or two has he ever been that good like a £20m striker good?

Don't think he's played enough to have had purple patches to be honest.  He came througu into the first team in 2013/2014 but didn't get regular Football till the following season, then because of his issues he's barely played this season.  So he's had one full season in 2014/2015, 33 games and 14 goals that season.

Overall 57 games and 22 goals.  He looks quality when he plays, and looked great in that 2014/2015 season.  But obviously its only a small sample to go on.  I'd agree with a few others in that I'd prefer Remy now and Berahino later, because Remy will guarantee us goals right now.  But I don't think we're in a position to be that picky.  If we got Berahino now I'd be extremely happy with that.

Makes you wonder whether they are making a change of plans going for a left back. Few links with defenders in the last couple of days.

As long as it doesn't take our attention away from the fact we are desperate for a striker. If we sign a left back and fail to get a striker, this window will have been a complete failure, no matter how much we've spent.

Are we linked with Gibbs? That would be a superb signing!

I think it was a lazy link to be honest. Not sure if Arsenal are in a position to sell to be honest. Even though Monreal is ahead of him I can't think of any cover they have. Makes no sense for Arsenal even if it does for the player.

Any agree with whoever said Remy now and Berahino later, even though I'm not convinced by him, hopefully Remy would hit the ground running. Looked like he lacked sharpness when he came on V Arsenal the other day, but that's understandable.

f*** it I'm going all KaKa on your asses. I'm going to believe that we're going to sign Remy, Cahill and Gibbs before the window shuts.

Man, imagine running this gig like a proper football club and making that happen  :(

Elliott

Janmaat      Mbemba              Cahill          Gibbs

Saivet      Shelvey

Sissoko                                    Townsend

Wijnaldum

Remy

f*** it I'm going all KaKa on your asses. I'm going to believe that we're going to sign Remy, Cahill and Gibbs before the window shuts.

Man, imagine running this gig like a proper football club and making that happen  :(

Elliott

Saivet      Shelvey

Wijnaldum

Remy

So I'll play along. Why would England centre back, playing for the Premiership champions, with probably his pick of any team in the league, come to us?

Elliott

Saivet      Shelvey

Wijnaldum

Remy

So I'll play along. Why would England centre back, playing for the Premiership champions, with probably his pick of any team in the league, come to us?

Let us dream man.

And themanupstairs say so, BELIEVE!

Elliott

Saivet      Shelvey

Wijnaldum

Remy

No just no, he's not that good and really struggles to perform unless Terry is alongside him. I mean he's more than good enough for us but this idea that everyone in the league would want him is preposterous.

Gibbs must surely have ambitions of playing in Euro 2016 but you could argue that Baines, Rose and Bertrand are way ahead of him because they're playing regularly. Even Targett at Southampton has played and got quite a few assists recently

Can't see Wenger letting him go though

Elliott

Saivet      Shelvey

Wijnaldum

Remy

Well obviously, but you kind of missed my whole point. I inserted the KaKa disclaimer for a reason :lol: