NUFC transfer rumours in the press

Rich
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

So to summarise, our only target is a striker that f***ed us off before and is well down the pecking order because he's not cutting it.

f***ing genius is JFK, no seriously.

I'd be surprised if it is JFKs decision.

He's in charge of transfers now isn't he?

Well he's supposed to be in charge of getting the deals done. We've been tracking this guy for a fair while. Doesnt Pardew say they all agree on a player then go after them.

De Jong on loan is the height of my expectations. I wouldn't be massively annoyed, that will come in the summer when we sign a Debuchy understudy and a U14 French centre back.

But this is what is so frustrating for me. We've been sub consciously put into a thought process whereby we are happy to accept limited success which an 8th,9th or even 10th place position will be. Without investment at this stage, I think we can all accept that this is the height of capacity to reach, thoughts of challenging for champions league spots are a far fetched fantasy really.

As I've said before, these are sad times, and a clear indication of the direction this ownership wants to take us in.

De Jong on loan is the height of my expectations. I wouldn't be massively annoyed, that will come in the summer when we sign a Debuchy understudy and a U14 French centre back.

well thats not the worst idea in the world

I'm actually really happy with our current crop of full backs. Would like to see more of Haidara and Dummett so we are a bit spoilt given what we have put up with in the past.

This will all change when they get a run and are shite :lol:

Ridiculous how unexcited I get now around transfer windows.

Aye. It's not just because I'm not expecting any investment, but also because I don't trust Pardew to do anything should we actually buy some talented players.

we have signed players in January for the last 4 years, and I think Debuchy is the only one we signed up before 20th January who hadn't already been loaned to the club.

Routledge, Williamson, Hall, Best, van Aanholt, Ireland, Kuqi, Cisse, Mbiwa, Gouffran, Haidara, Sissoko have all been confirmed between 20th January and 1st Feb over the last 4 seasons.

Personally, I still think we'll bring in 1 or 2 players.

If we fail to do anything in this window then that's basically 3 out of the last 4 windows we've done nothing. The summer before last we only brought in Anita, and only brought Remy in on loan before this season started. More than plausible we'll bring no-one in this January so thats 3 transfer windows of not even pushing to bring players in.