The Managerial Merry Go Round™ - De Zerbi dezertin' Brighton

cp40

5 hours ago, Pilko said:

His useless dad brought in Stan Ternent to work with him... so the useless son brings in? Dan Ternent :lol:

Wonder if he'll sign Elmo like his da.

I wonder if Dan has a sister called Jan.

1 minute ago, Paullow said:

No Brewcie, but Gillingham have appointed Stephen Clemence as their new manager. Like with Howe, perhaps Steve put in a good word [emoji38]

Christ, not sure what's worse, appointing Bruce, or appointing one of his stooges :lol:

He’s the type of manager who I think will do daft things that won’t make sense, thinking it will be a shocking new system, only for them to get bounced, and he’ll keep doing until he gets sacked.

There is no way this ends well for him now, the fans have turned, the players have turned, and even himself has turned. He could have given himself breathing space tonight by playing a full strength squad and giving us a game and likely winning it. He was stupid enough to actually think his 2nd string could match our 2nd string, many of whom are players who are trying to get into the squad.

14 minutes ago, Ben said:

Ten Hag must be close now, his CV is looking poor and he seems to have left a trail of destruction at his former clubs, FC Utrecht 2nd bottom, Ajax bottom, Man Utd hilarious.

Reckon he's got til they play Copenhagen at best. Bloke looks absolutely bereft.

17 hours ago, Stifler said:

He’s the type of manager who I think will do daft things that won’t make sense, thinking it will be a shocking new system, only for them to get bounced, and he’ll keep doing until he gets sacked.

There is no way this ends well for him now, the fans have turned, the players have turned, and even himself has turned. He could have given himself breathing space tonight by playing a full strength squad and giving us a game and likely winning it. He was stupid enough to actually think his 2nd string could match our 2nd string, many of whom are players who are trying to get into the squad.

Despite the changes on paper he named a side strong enough to beat us

The issue and ultimately what will probably get him the sack is that his team looks badly coached bereft of ideas and confidence, whereas despite us playing a weaker side we played with confidence and a clear plan

If Ten Haag does get the chop, where does he end up next? As he had a big reputation after Ajax, but what's happening at Man United is clearly going to knock him down a bit.

Could see him at a club like Dortmund.

10 minutes ago, 54 said:

If Ten Haag does get the chop, where does he end up next? As he had a big reputation after Ajax, but what's happening at Man United is clearly going to knock him down a bit.

Watford

34 minutes ago, 54 said:

Can't see him staying in England, no way. 

Back to Ajax I reckon. 

2 minutes ago, MrRaspberryJam said:

Think he’d knock them back. Thomas Frank could be a decent shout 

Not a chance. NUFC glasses off and we're making mad promises to Howe to stay here over Manure. Frank is no better than what they've got imo.

Just now, Dokko said:

Not a chance. NUFC glasses off and we're making mad promises to Howe to stay here over Manure. Frank is no better than what they've got imo.

It’s a wee bit of a poisoned chalice is the Man Utd gig. So much politics to manage as well with the Glazer protests and the Greenwood and Antony baggage that goes with it. I think Emery will get a move to another big club in time, I just don’t think Man Utd’s it. It just doesn’t look appealing at all. 

16 minutes ago, MrRaspberryJam said:

Think he’d knock them back. Thomas Frank could be a decent shout 

I agree, I think Emery has had his fingers burnt with both Arsenal, and PSG to think going to Man Utd would be a good choice.

It would be interesting to see if De Zerbi would be interested. He hasn’t been tested with the promise of a ‘bigger job’ at Brighton, and as we have seen, Brighton are all to happy to take money when it’s on offer.

Howe I think would be wise enough to realise that he would be worse off going there, and that’s assuming our club even answers the phone to Man Utd.

It’s weird because Ten Hag clearly isn’t the right man for them, however there isn’t a manager out there who you think is capable of doing what’s required for them, and who would actually go there.

The only manager who I think could turn it around, and who may be tempted to go at there at the end of the season would be Simeone.

Edited by Stifler

52 minutes ago, 54 said:

He didn’t do anything at Ajax aside from a good cup run that any manager of Ajax isn’t expected to do.

2 minutes ago, MrRaspberryJam said:

It’s a wee bit of a poisoned chalice is the Man Utd gig. So much politics to manage as well with the Glazer protests and the Greenwood and Antony baggage that goes with it. I think Emery will get a move to another big club in time, I just don’t think Man Utd’s it. It just doesn’t look appealing at all. 

Same was said with Klopp to Liverpool. The pull of these historic clubs is greater than it should be. Managers will keep making these same mistakes, especially foreign.