The Managerial Merry Go Round™

cp40

We need centre backs. Completely fine in midfield and attack.

Go all out for Koulibaly and Skriniar and with someone like Poch we will challenge. Desperately need those centre backs though.

Sounds a bit like you thought you could compete with a couple of defenders tbh.

Koulibaly and Skriniar aren't coming in the same window. :lol: That's £200m worth of CB's.

Was astonished to see a mooted Lukaku-Icardi swap. I know Icardi has fallen out of favour at Inter, but Man Yoo are massively in front if that's a straight swap

Since a big part of our problem seems to be hard to manage players, I don't think Icardi is the answer. Lukaku is averaging a goal every 170 mins but more importantly works his arse off and keeps his mouth shut. I'd rather we kept Lukaku.

Was astonished to see a mooted Lukaku-Icardi swap. I know Icardi has fallen out of favour at Inter, but Man Yoo are massively in front if that's a straight swap

the ultra's want him gone so maybe that's a factor in that deal. Not that I'd expect it to happen anyway because swaps are so rare anyway

Froggy,

Out of interest, if you could only ship out 4 players and only bring in 4 (realistic) players, who would you say?

That’s an exercise worth repeating for us and you guys tbh - might give it a think.

Froggy,

Out of interest, if you could only ship out 4 players and only bring in 4 (realistic) players, who would you say?

Realistically:

OUT

Young

Mata

Matic

Jones

IN

Wan-Bissaka

Skriniar

Sancho

Ziyech

If Herrera was to leave I'd be looking at Rice.

Froggy,

That’s an exercise worth repeating for us and you guys tbh - might give it a think.

From a Man Utd perspective, I'd probably go;

Out

1. Pogba

2. Herrera (assuming he's leaving rather than me choosing to flog him)

3. Sanchez

4. Fred

IN

1. Wan Bissaka

2. Illaramendi

3. Sancho

4. Alderwiereld

Starting 11 would then be:

De Gea

AWB

Alderwiereld

Lindelof

Shaw

Illarendi

Mata/Lingaard

Sancho

Lukaku

Rashford

Martial

Froggy,

From a Man Utd perspective, I'd probably go;

Out

1. Pogba

2. Herrera (assuming he's leaving rather than me choosing to flog him)

3. Sanchez

4. Fred

IN

1. Wan Bissaka

2. Illaramendi

3. Sancho

4. Alderwiereld

Starting 11 would then be:

De Gea

AWB

Alderwiereld

Lindelof

Shaw

Illarendi

Mata/Lingaard

Sancho

Lukaku

Rashford

Martial

Illaramendi would have quite a job on his hands in that midfield :lol:

De Gea

AWB            Alder            Lindel            Shaw

Illar

Mata                    Lingaard

Martial                Lukaku/Rashford          Sancho

I see Gerrard accusing Aberdeen of trying harder against Rangers than they do Celtic in his Press Conference today (Aberdeen have won 3 times at Ibrox this season and says, "They didn't lay a finger on Celtic last week").

Nothing to do with the fact the gap between Aberdeen to Rangers is fairly narrow compared to the gap between Aberdeen & Celtic ability wise. Idiot.

Is Wan Bissaka good enough? I know he’s good enough to break through at Palace, but start every game for Man Utd?

We play Ashley Young at right back.

:lol:

Sure, but I thought we were planning how to get Man Utd back to 'where they belong' .

Obviously that will take more than one window, accepted.

Is Wan Bissaka good enough? I know he’s good enough to break through at Palace, but start every game for Man Utd?

I think he's looked superb all season. Reminds me a bit of Ashley Cole's breakthrough season. He's been totally unflustered, nobody has given him the runaround and he's been Palace's player of the year for me ahead of some very good talent.

He's destined for much bigger things imho.