The Managerial Merry Go Round™

cp40

Still can't believe they gave the job to that little tramp Solskjaer. There was no need to make it permanent at that stage whatsoever. Another monumental fuck-up and couldn't have happened to a nicer bunch. They'll be the new Liverpool now doing things based on emotions and past glory. Ole's at the wheel my fkn arse.

Love that Man U are just like every other club now. I might not want to have admitted it at the time, but Sir Alex Ferguson was on another level. The only way they'll get back to that domination is with a time machine, I hope they enjoyed it while it lasted. Just look how long its taken Liverpool to reclaim even a small part of their dominance.

I'll moderately disagree, they may be fucking things up right now but they are still a money making machine and can become competitive again with some smart decisions. Liverpools problem is iirc they didn't market the club as well as man utd late 80's early 90's so were always playing catch up to man utds ridiculous commercial income.

This, broadly. I’ve said it before and i’ll say it again, if you’ve got the sort of money Man U, Chelsea etc have then your margin for error is greater. It’s only a matter of time before you appoint a decent manager who can build something with the 200M or whatever they can spend each year. Liverpool did it eventually, Man City did it eventually, Chelsea have done it in the past and will do so again. The only issue is that you have to worry about the other clubs around you. Man U’s income is such that they’ll never be “just another club”. The most we can hope is that they will stay as just another Top Six club.

Love that Man U are just like every other club now. I might not want to have admitted it at the time, but Sir Alex Ferguson was on another level. The only way they'll get back to that domination is with a time machine, I hope they enjoyed it while it lasted. Just look how long its taken Liverpool to reclaim even a small part of their dominance.

I'll moderately disagree, they may be fucking things up right now but they are still a money making machine and can become competitive again with some smart decisions. Liverpools problem is iirc they didn't market the club as well as man utd late 80's early 90's so were always playing catch up to man utds ridiculous commercial income.

Liverpool’s bigger problem, along with Arsenal, is that Chelsea and then Man City suddenly magically had hundreds of billions to play with. It’s no coincidence that Arsenal’s titles dried up as soon as Abramovich came along.

Liverpool’s bigger problem, along with Arsenal, is that Chelsea and then Man City suddenly magically had hundreds of billions to play with. It’s no coincidence that Arsenal’s titles dried up as soon as Abramovich came along.

oh no doubt just how they ended up being so far behind man utd despite being the dominant force in 70's and 80's while man utd were nowhere

Best manager of all-time over here at least.

i think when you consider the longevity and extent of his domestic dominance plus european successes he's gotsta be considered the greatest of all time?  and i fucken hated the ground he walked on

Hate those "you have to feel the weight of the shirt" managers, they're the footballing equivalent of Nigel Farage :lol:

Its nonesense for the most part. Tactical nous and the ability to carve out a style of play, where every player knows their role is far far more important. Solksjaer knows how to do neither. Creating a culture of hard work and professionalism at the highest order is all pàrt of the mix, but simply telling players to play with more passion or reminding them that they must play better because they play for Man Utdwont motivate them.  Having said that though, Everton running 8Km further than them yesterday is something else.

said at the time of his good run all he did was allow the flair players they have to play, that's it...my manyoo mate was moaning as it was basically just counter-attacking football and not their way or whatever

did mourinho's game better than him with the same players basically

hopefully they let him burn mountains of cash in the summer building things in his image

said at the time of his good run all he did was allow the flair players they have to play, that's it...my manyoo mate was moaning as it was basically just counter-attacking football and not their way or whatever

did mourinho's game better than him with the same players basically

hopefully they let him burn mountains of cash in the summer building things in his image

Man united have been a counter attacking team for decades. Teams just worked out that letting them have the ball and counter attacking them is the best way to deal with them.

Man united have been a counter attacking team for decades.

well that's just not true is it

It is.

i mean there has been times they played a counter-attacking game but in the peak fergie years you were not a counter-attacking team at OT man, ffs