The Managerial Merry Go Round™

cp40

What a bizarre choice Rio would be. Maybe he has some qualities that we haven't seen from a distance, but generally he comes across as a bit thick. I love the idea of Man U hiring loads of old boys and it going tits up though.

Guest chopey

There was a discussion on Talksport last night and Frank Arnesen was mentioned as the perfect person for this role or  Peps mate from Barca, its a skilled managerial position where qualifications from finance to coaching are needed with the ability to formulate, write and present projects with long term planning in mind........... But it just gives me more reason to hate Man U.

What a bizarre choice Rio would be. Maybe he has some qualities that we haven't seen from a distance, but generally he comes across as a bit thick. I love the idea of Man U hiring loads of old boys and it going tits up though.

Agreed - he comes across like a right fucking dope imho.

There was a discussion on Talksport last night and Frank Arnesen was mentioned as the perfect person for this role or  Peps mate from Barca, its a skilled managerial position where qualifications from finance to coaching are needed with the ability to formulate, write and present projects with long term planning in mind........... But it just gives me more reason to hate Man U.

From what I remember Arnesen didn't really do that well (he was at either Chelsea or Spurs) - then I think he went on to Hamburg and did awful there too - sounds perfect for Man U!!

Peps made (under the Laporta era at Barca) now work for Man City

From what I remember Arnesen didn't really do that well (he was at either Chelsea or Spurs) - then I think he went on to Hamburg and did awful there too - sounds perfect for Man U!!

Peps made (under the Laporta era at Barca) now work for Man City

I think you're well wide of the mark here. He laid the foundation for what Spurs and Chelsea became. We got him in when we essentially rebooted the club in 2004 - he was instrumental in the Jol appointment and in changing the focus to youth developing both our own kids and recruiting relatively cheap young players like Dawson, Carrick etc. Chelsea saw his success and basically nicked him from us, he then revamped their youth policy and scouting, in their case developing into a money-making machine. I don't think you can characterize his work at either club as anything but a resounding success.