The Managerial Merry Go Round™

cp40

9 minutes ago, David Edgar said:

Poch would get found out at Villa.  Well, not found out.  But he isn't gonna have them competing for 6/7th.

I think he's great and will be a success, he'll need his own players tho 

8 minutes ago, David Edgar said:

Poch would get found out at Villa.  Well, not found out.  But he isn't gonna have them competing for 6/7th.

He got Southampton 68pts before going to Spurs. There's enough talent at Villa to get them up the table. 

On 16/10/2022 at 19:48, nufcjb said:

Just read Gerrard's post-match interview after their loss today. Goodness me. The bloke is turning into Steve Bruce really fast. "It is what it is" ffs. Poor @brummie having to suffer from both of them.

It's a race between him, Rodgers and Liz Truss to see who can stay in their jobs the longest now.

Yeah, he's gone full Bruce.

The club had built a head of steam the last few years, since Smith took over and we did the ten wins in a row thing, there has been a much better club-fans connection, but Gerrard has pissed it all away.

Apparently, Purslow had to convince Edens and Sawiris to employ Gerrard.

Neither of those two - especially Edens who has other sports interests - tolerate failure gladly.

I'm betting on a sacking at the weekend. It is quite clearly over, the away fans have turned on him - always the sign of end game - he's basically a football Liz Truss right now.

I can't wait to see him go, he's fucking toxic.

1 hour ago, Ben said:

I think he's great and will be a success, he'll need his own players tho 

We do not have a top six squad, but nor do we have a bottom six squad.

Any manager with a modicum of talent and attention would get this squad performing better. I know you've improved yours, but look at the difference a progressive manager has made.

On 18/10/2022 at 00:48, Paullow said:

Tough one regarding Carrick and young Bruce. I don't mind Boro, would like to see them back in the top flight at some point, especially as we continue to push on, and as a local lad, I'd like to see him do well. However, if Alex is involved then that will make it tougher to wish them well. That said, I guess Alex has no real direct links with Newcastle, and if you didn't follow social media, and his Twitter outbursts, then I guess he would be largely irrelevant, and at least it's not his father rumoured to be joining them (well yet anyway...)

Alex Bruce is an absolute toxic cunt.

I was particularly glad to see when Ollbeeeyun sacked Bruce that they were also sacking his piece-of-shit son at the same time.

14 minutes ago, brummie said:

We do not have a top six squad, but nor do we have a bottom six squad.

Any manager with a modicum of talent and attention would get this squad performing better. I know you've improved yours, but look at the difference a progressive manager has made.

Straight choice Poch or Gerrard ?

2 minutes ago, Ben said:

Straight choice Poch or Gerrard ?

I can't believe you're asking me that after my previous posts ;-)

'Straight choice, Gerrard or having liquefied dog shit poured into your eyeballs' would be a more appropriate question.

2 minutes ago, brummie said:

I can't believe you're asking me that after my previous posts ;-)

'Straight choice, Gerrard or having liquefied dog shit poured into your eyeballs' would be a more appropriate question.

Fair do's

3 hours ago, LFEE said:

Ones that sprung to mind in relation to the point I was making. What is yours?

Well I'm not sure what they all have in common ??? Koeman, Marco Silva, Steve Bruce and Michael Beale just seem a random bunch to put together

5 minutes ago, joeyt said:

Well I'm not sure what they all have in common ??? Koeman, Marco Silva, Steve Bruce and Michael Beale just seem a random bunch to put together

I give examples of managers who got jobs then jumped ship quickly. 

9 minutes ago, LFEE said:

I give examples of managers who got jobs then jumped ship quickly. 

Who did Koeman jump ship from quckly? He was at Southampton for 2 seasons which was one of his longest spells at a club

Edited by joeyt

Don't think Beale should jump at Wolves. All he can do is maybe get them out of the relegation zone then maintain the parity they've had for a while.

QPR have room for improvement where if he managed the same it'd be far more appreciated.

If its proper top team okay but there'll be plenty of Wolves' down the road, he's pretty much already at one.

8 minutes ago, Wolfcastle said:

Don't think Beale should jump at Wolves. All he can do is maybe get them out of the relegation zone then maintain the parity they've had for a while.

QPR have room for improvement where if he managed the same it'd be far more appreciated.

If its proper top team okay but there'll be plenty of Wolves' down the road, he's pretty much already at one.

If hes that good he'll take Wolves forward they have a good squad.

2 hours ago, joeyt said:

Who did Koeman jump ship from quckly? He was at Southampton for 2 seasons which was one of his longest spells at a club

He was trying to get out sooner. Got the Everton gig then started flirting with Barcelona and the national job. Always refused to show he was committed long term anywhere.

Youve said it yourself is longest spell is 2yrs 🙂 Look how many jobs he’s got…

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ronald_Koeman

And after them all his reputation is pretty much forgettable.

Edited by LFEE

5 hours ago, David Edgar said:

Luck of having the right squad at the right time.  

I'm not saying he is a bad manager.  He just isn't gonna suddenly turn around Villa.

Winning 19 games at Southampton was lucky? The Hoss has a better squad than Poch did and he’s taken some absolute pastings as manager.

He will absolutely have Villa top 10 if they manage to get him. Especially given a transfer window and some of their key players like Digne back.

Wolves are in a similar position to what we were in when Rafa ceased managing the club. I wonder if they'll go and appoint someone like Micky Adams or Kevin Blackwell.

Edited for the fannies arguing over symantics.

Edited by Dr.Spaceman

4 minutes ago, joeyt said:

I kind of like that not gonna lie.

Think he's got a great thing going at QPR and heard an interview not too long ago with him talking about him going there and how great the setup was for him etc.

That Wolves gig could really set him back as I'm not sure it's the most stable situation.