The Managerial Merry Go Round™

cp40

It's even worse than Gerrard and Lampard getting touted for every job

I don't think I've ever seen someone 'knowing the club' be used more than it does with Mason

It's not even like he's doing a good job either

4 hours ago, timeEd32 said:

It's for next season. He smartly wants nothing to do with the current mess.

That’s a fucking relief. I’ll be more confident going into a last day do or die qualifier against Tory Frank and his overpaid under-motivated dilettantes than him. 

6 minutes ago, gbandit said:

Lovely Roy, I didn’t want him to return and have to deal with the stress or heartache of relegation but he obviously just loves it so much and can’t give it up. What a top man

Yeah I've really come to love Hodgson. Gary Neville's latest Overlap podcast is a one on one with him and it's a great listen. Could hear him natter about his experiences for hours. 

From Palace's point of view I suppose they're just elongating the stopgap as they search for their next long-termer. Means a season of treading water so I imagine many of their fans will be peeved.

Crystal Palace man ...

Big respect to Roy, but wow. They really can't figure out someone to bring in for the longer term?

Unless maybe they want Potter and he's asked for a year out before getting back into the game?

21 hours ago, SUPERTOON said:

Can see that backfiring. Going from a disciplinarian in Vieira to a nice friendly old face can work short term because of the feelgood factor, but when a club feels like it's treading water, the younger squad players can start taking the piss. Some of the more ambitious ones will start getting itchy feet as well.

21 hours ago, gbandit said:

Lovely Roy, I didn’t want him to return and have to deal with the stress or heartache of relegation but he obviously just loves it so much and can’t give it up. What a top man

Agreed, his unwillingness to retire will Kim him. Stress is a real thing - it’s the main trigger for my seizures.

6 minutes ago, TRon said:

Can see that backfiring. Going from a disciplinarian in Vieira to a nice friendly old face can work short term because of the feelgood factor, but when a club feels like it's treading water, the younger squad players can start taking the piss. Some of the more ambitious ones will start getting itchy feet as well.

Echoes of Bobby Robson’s last days there

Interesting. Indicates a certain amount of ambition if they're not happy with playoff failure in their first season back but we'll see if that ambition is as missplaced as it was when Short was throwing money at anyone that would sign for them. :lol:

2 hours ago, MrRaspberryJam said:

Doesn't sound like there's much fighting going on if they spread have replacements lined up, Mowbray has done himself a world of good for his next job though, plenty of championship clubs will snap him up 

On 02/05/2023 at 23:04, brummie said:

Apparently Mateu Alemany joining us from Barcelona to be overlord of football stuff, having, quoting the Spanish press, "being promised an unlimited budget"

chinny-reckon-chinny.gif

According to Fabrizio he's now staying at Barca