The Managerial Merry Go Round™ - Kompany to FC Bayern

cp40

I get the feeling Allardyce has been hitting the bottle pretty hard for years now, when he got stung as England manager wasn’t he pictured with a pint of wine? :lol:

Just now, Nine said:

I get the feeling Allardyce has been hitting the bottle pretty hard for years now, when he got stung as England manager wasn’t he pictured with a pint of wine? :lol:

Not matter what job it is, you never hire someone who drinks wine from a pint glass. I wouldn't even expected to see that at The Vic in Whitley.

29 minutes ago, Dokko said:

Not matter what job it is, you never hire someone who drinks wine from a pint glass. I wouldn't even expected to see that at The Vic in Whitley.

It’s absolutely barbaric behaviour, and he did that in what he thought was a formal meeting. Imagine what he gets up to when he’s out on the lash man. 

2 hours ago, Dokko said:

Maybe his neck muscles are finally giving way to that planet sized mass he calls a head. 68 years those poor muscles have kept that gigantic globe up in orbit. Not small job especially as it has its own gravitational pull. 

What neck?

7 minutes ago, STM said:

Get the straight jacket.

Constantly harping on about how good you are and how you are just as good as any top managers is NOT confidence. It is actually quite the opposite if you have to keep mentioning it all the time, instead of letting other people recognise that in you.

Good to see the same old trope of it being all about just having good players. Bruce used to say the same old garbage. Funny how Eddie Howe rocked up and used most of the same set of players he was ruining to turn things around at the club.

I doubt Allardyce would have even signed any of those players at Man City in the first place, the daft sod. Easy saying they're good players now they are doing great though.

This man is so lame.

Edited by KaKa

Allardyce to Leeds is giving me Kinnear to us vibes, granted the amount of time away was nowhere near what Kinnear had, but football's changed so much, he's not evolved at all. I bet if you asked him if he's had media training he'd say he didn't know the player yet but hopes to get to know him soon enough.

36 minutes ago, HawK said:

Allardyce to Leeds is giving me Kinnear to us vibes, granted the amount of time away was nowhere near what Kinnear had, but football's changed so much, he's not evolved at all. I bet if you asked him if he's had media training he'd say he didn't know the player yet but hopes to get to know him soon enough.

Its not just about the time away since his last job, his football never evolved since the Bolton days.

And he gets the jobs he does for exactly that reason - he plays a style of football to try and grind out results with poor/struggling resources.

Lets hope this one goes the same way as his West Brom stint.

Players make you a good manager is absolute bullshit and true PFM. 

So he basically does fuck all and moans that he hasn't got good enough players, then when given the top players just expects them to go out there and win because they're the best. What the fuck is the point of you then Big Sham? 

2 minutes ago, Scotty66 said:

Players make you a good manager is absolute bullshit and true PFM. 

So he basically does fuck all and moans that he hasn't got good enough players, then when given the top players just expects them to go out there and win because they're the best. What the fuck is the point of you then Big Sham? 

Pies and wine! 

He did as bad in his last job at West Brom as Pardew and Bruce.

With the same players and not of Keegan's choosing after years completely out of football Keegan produced infinitely better football and got better results.

Pep couldn't do better though.

Being fair to the prick, when he arrived on the scene with Bolton, he was a modern manager. He was invested heavily in diet, nutrition, data analysis and targeted areas of coaching which at the time was forward thinking and even the big clubs weren't doing it. It's all standard now, but back then it gave his teams huge advantage and tge ability to punch above their weight.

Issue is, he never evolved. When this became standard his teams stopped competing, and when teams built on it and progressed those ideas further, he became irrelevant & out dated. All he was then left with was his painful tactics, fitness based coaching and terrible egotistical personality. 

Well done Leeds on hiring this version of him. As bad as west brom hiring Bruce, but at least it's only 4 games.

Edited by Dokko

50 minutes ago, TK-421 said:

Its not just about the time away since his last job, his football never evolved since the Bolton days.

And he gets the jobs he does for exactly that reason - he plays a style of football to try and grind out results with poor/struggling resources.

Lets hope this one goes the same way as his West Brom stint.

It regressed if anything, the Bolton days were probably the best of his career in terms of progressive, or watchable football.

I wonder if this is just a ham-fisted attempt at him trying to give the players confidence in him, that he knows what he’s doing so that they believe they can win games and escape relegation.

I mean he surely can’t really believe what he’s saying? Can he?? 

54 minutes ago, TRon said:

It regressed if anything, the Bolton days were probably the best of his career in terms of progressive, or watchable football.

Jay Jay Okocha was great for them in that era

53 minutes ago, Pixelphish said:

Imagine being a Leeds fan right now, man.

My mates lass is a Leeds fan and she is appalled at the thought of that Fat twat being in charge, didn't even want to talk about it when we were taking the piss last night.