The Managerial Merry Go Round™

cp40

Guest neesy111

That's my point. People were saying he was right to go to Everton from Southampton because they're just a selling club, yet in reality Everton are just the same.

Well, one player wanting to leave a club doesn't exactly mean they are a selling club.

That's my point. People were saying he was right to go to Everton from Southampton because they're just a selling club, yet in reality Everton are just the same.

Well, one player wanting to leave a club doesn't exactly mean they are a selling club.

Lukaku wants to as well

Guest Howaythetoon

Even though Southampton are very well ran I think Everton have a higher ceiling than them.

I don't. Southampton own vast land around St. Mary's and are going to develop it into academies, sports science centres etc. Everton are a big old club in the traditional sense but they need a new stadium and are forever in the shadows of Liverpool. Everton would need an Abramovice type owner to eclipse their rather limited ceiling, Southampton don't as they are showing. That's the difference for me.

Guest Howaythetoon

Southampton seem to be setup more of a business though and are happy to turnover players. The new Everton owner seems to have quite a bit more ambition.

Their model is a very successful one all over Europe and it seems to work in the Premier League if you have the correct scouting to replace outgoing players and the right kind of coach to well, coach them.

I wasn't aware Everton had been taken over, btw so their ceiling may well rise in the future. Looking at both clubs as things stand though I'd rather join Southampton as a player or manager and as an investor.

Guest Howaythetoon

Not denying how great Southampton's youth setup is though. Would love us to be able to get anywhere near that.

No chance, too much working class kids here in the poor North East.

Bollocks to that. I've had shits with more footballing charisma than So'ton FC and their identikit ground and city.

Southampton have a decent academy, but to be fair they are the only one south of London who are able to develope the kids.

Newcastle should be training kids in the North East and Cumbria (possibly North Yorkshire as well), but Sunderland and Boro have much better set up academies. With Rafa in charge that should change in the future.

Not denying how great Southampton's youth setup is though. Would love us to be able to get anywhere near that.

No chance, too much working class kids here in the poor North East.

:lol:

Everyone knows footballers are famously middle class.

Even though Southampton are very well ran I think Everton have a higher ceiling than them.

I don't. Southampton own vast land around St. Mary's and are going to develop it into academies, sports science centres etc. Everton are a big old club in the traditional sense but they need a new stadium and are forever in the shadows of Liverpool. Everton would need an Abramovice type owner to eclipse their rather limited ceiling, Southampton don't as they are showing. That's the difference for me.

This sounds like bollocks, their ground is on quite a constrained site. Railway line then housing to the immediate west, the river Itchen to the east etc.

They have also just opened their new training centre and academy buildings in the last two years.

Guillem Balague has said that Wolves are getting Julen Lopetegui. From Porto to Wolves

Wow

Thought he did quite well with Spain U21s

Would have been ideal for the senior team IMO