The Managerial Merry Go Round™

cp40

1 hour ago, WilliamPS said:

Chelsea probably really needed CL to balance their books and someone has to carry the can - owners aren’t going to so blame the manager?

Sacking yet another manager costing another £15m+ is the opposite of balancing the books

Most people had Chelsea in the top 6 before the season. Some even put them in the top 4. So, he hasn't exceeded expectations. But they have been pretty good since january and are going in the right direction, so it would be really weird indeed.

9 minutes ago, Optimistic Nut said:

Chelsea would be mental to get rid of Poch. Would be great for us.

Aye, the way he's made those mercenaries into a team is remarkable, he's a top manager.

3 hours ago, Pokerprince2004 said:

Fucking Chelsea man, Poch has done a great job to steady the ship and can see them being a real problem for clubs trying to qualify for champions league but nah Big Todd is getting bored already. Such an awful club

I fucking HATE that cunt Boehley. A fucking cancer in the game of football. No fucking clue, man

15 minutes ago, Ben said:

Aye, the way he's made those mercenaries into a team is remarkable, he's a top manager.

He should have had them nearer Villa but feels like he's got them sorted.

1 minute ago, Optimistic Nut said:

I think Brighton might plummet from here. Always saw them as doing a Southampton but think they'll do it quicker. Relegation battle next season.

What a short sighted view of a well ran club 

5 hours ago, El Prontonise said:

What a short sighted view of a well ran club 

So were Southampton, but there becomes a point where one appointment that doesn't click, or one bad window, and they fall drastically.

20 minutes ago, Optimistic Nut said:

So were Southampton, but there becomes a point where one appointment that doesn't click, or one bad window, and they fall drastically.

I’m not sure Brighton get relegated, the financial gap between the leagues are becoming so big it will be harder and harder for established premier leagues to get relegated. 

that being said, they are taking huge risks every summer 

2 hours ago, Optimistic Nut said:

Seen Southampton get compared to Brighton a few times on here, but it was nowhere near the same level or calibre of operation.

Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, r0cafella said:

I’m not sure Brighton get relegated, the financial gap between the leagues are becoming so big it will be harder and harder for established premier leagues to get relegated. 

that being said, they are taking huge risks every summer 

I get that this season the 3 that came up went straight back down but was only last season all 3 that came up stayed up and established teams like Southampton, Leeds & Leicester all went down. 

That being said 2 of the 3 will come straight back up 

Edited by gdm

43 minutes ago, KaKa said:

Seen Southampton get compared to Brighton a few times on here, but it was nowhere near the same level or calibre of operation.

Not sure anyone from the outside looking in can say how big each operation is tbh. Bet there's loads going on that even superfans of each club aren't privy to.

9 hours ago, Optimistic Nut said:

He should have had them nearer Villa but feels like he's got them sorted.

Expected points from understat, I know, I know, he has them 4th. Very narrowly ahead of us in 5th. 

In some ways the recent run of form is just dragging them closer to where they should be. 

Given he was basically given a group of players bought with no pattern behind it I think he's done well.