The Managerial Merry Go Round™

cp40

Couldn't have imagined Neville would do so badly tbh. No new manager bounce. Record as bad as Carver, Shearer, the fella that managed Wolves after Mick left in the PL.

I don't know if I'm missing anything, but Shearer, Carver and Connor had far, far worse records than Neville like. :lol: Worse teams to be fair. Though Neville probably would have had a 50% win ratio if Negredo wasn't a clown.

He has almost the same amount of wins as he does losses tbf, 10 wins 11 loses in 28 games apparently.

A side that battled relegation sells 2 players to top 6 sides - haven't replaced them with players of similar quality.  Relegated.  Makes sense.  Both managers in an awkward position where they've done badly but it's not really their fault.  Much more blame to Sherwood if he was responsible for recruitment.  Cos that was awful.

Think I read Sherwood was unhappy with recruitment because he desperately wanted more premier league experienced players, could be wrong though.

Totally different football over there, you've really got to go into something like that with an open mind and Moyes/Neville, while obviously being very competent people - one's a top manager and one could be at some point - are pretty headstrong/arrogant. Be interesting to see what Neville will do when he manages over here, if that's what he wants.

Totally different football over there, you've really got to go into something like that with an open mind and Moyes/Neville, while obviously being very competent people - one's a top manager and one could be at some point - are pretty headstrong/arrogant. Be interesting to see what Neville will do when he manages over here, if that's what he wants.

At least Neville tried to integrate himself properly, Moyes living in a hotel for over a year was poor from him.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/35925737

Villa fans wouldn't welcome it either.

Not a bad Championship manager tbf.

Nah.

I don't mind Bruce, but we've just cleared out the entire board, sacked the manager, sacked the CEO, sacked the technical director and the director of recruitment is on borrowed time. The last thing they're going to do is anything which would even remotely alienate the fans more.

On the bright side, the new board - Hollis as CEO (admittedly, I don't know much about him, but he appointed the rest), Mervyn King, David Bernstein, Adrian Bevington, Brian Little - look infinitely more clued up. Some of the shit they've found from the previous regime is shocking.

Head of scouting for Portugal and Spain - a journalism student. Head of scouting for Germany - emigrated to Australia. Players Garde was told didn't want to come in january turn out, when Garde speaks to them after, not to have been spoken to at all by us.

Just fucking shocking.

Garde was properly hung out to dry in January, treated abysmally, but at the same time, he should have got more out of the squad than he did, he had pretty much zero effect on us.

Sounds like Villa may leave it until the summer, which is probably the right thing to do. Also likely the best scenario for us given our upcoming game against them.

makes sense for the next manager tbh gives him the best chance of a good start. They can line him up and sort out transfer targets etc between now and the summer

I know he's been linked but I just can't see how Bruce would ever end up at Villa.

can't see why they'd ever go for someone who requires compensation considering how tight they've been last few years and post relegation money decrease. Someone like Pearson would seem a more likely bet

I know he's been linked but I just can't see how Bruce would ever end up at Villa.

can't see why they'd ever go for someone who requires compensation considering how tight they've been last few years and post relegation money decrease. Someone like Pearson would seem a more likely bet

Even if money wasn't a issue, i'd probably still prefer Pearson over Bruce anyways. He may appear to be a utter cock but he would be a better appointment for me.

There's certainly better than both of those 2 available out there though.