The Managerial Merry Go Round™

cp40

Did you watch them at all? They were absolutely s**** to watch like, and we would know.

Difference surely being, we had pardew 4years or whatever it was, he was there a year and achieved a final and a decent finish. There's nothing to say the football wouldn't have improved with another year under his belt and some more of his own signings.

Guest firetotheworks

Did you watch them at all? They were absolutely s**** to watch like, and we would know.

Difference surely being, we had pardew 4years or whatever it was, he was there a year and achieved a final and a decent finish. There's nothing to say the football wouldn't have improved with another year under his belt and some more of his own signings.

I don't disagree, I was just making that point.

Finished 8th and got a cup final and sacked :lol:

Incredibly harsh. I get they weren't that great at home, but their away record was good. 7th best in league, and 24 goals scored.

Not sure he will get sacked personally. They were playing well until they lost their best defender and goal scorer. Also along with an excellent cup run didn't they have Europa to contend with for a short while at least. Think he deserves a 2nd season in my eyes.

Shakespeare appointed manager at Leicester - https://www.theguardian.com/football/2017/jun/08/leicester-craig-shakespeare-manager-three-year-contract

First to go next season? :D

Definitely, you see it all the time. Sack manager, some kind of assistant takes over, steadies the ship for a while, gets lucky and hope he gets the gig. Gets appointed, signs of wobbling, gets the sack, then appoint a bigger named manager. Happens every season.

Listening to le tiss on Ssn, ffs if that had been us sacking a manager who finished 8th and made a cup final the calls for delusional would have been deafening. But it seems fine for them.